MAIDENHEAD UNITED SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION (MUSA)
See how much MUSA have raised and where the money has been spent - click on the infographic -->
- To assist in the development of Maidenhead United Football Club (MUFC) through the donation of funds and time to specific projects as approved by MUSA and their membership.
- To provide the supporters of MUFC with a forum to discuss the activities of MUFC and the opportunity collectively to influence the activities of MUFC.
- To encourage the people of Maidenhead and its environs to support the local football club.
- To foster good relations with supporters of other football clubs.
- To forge links with similar Supporters Associations.
- To create and maintain and mainatain an autonomous organisation with
the entire membership having the freedom to dictate its activities.
Last season MUSA saw its membership rise to a record 118 members and this season we hope to increase membership to over 120. Indeed these are exciting times at York Road, as the Club’s directors have formally set the wheels in motion with regard to removing the existing stand and replacing it with a new 500 seater stand in 2014. MUSA will be working in partnership with the Club to assist with realisation of this project
. Members get:
- 10% discount on any purchase of Maidenhead United Souvenirs from the Club Shop (excluding programmes and books)
- Minutes from the Maidenhead United FC Board of Directors meetings to keep up with whats going on at the Club
- Discounted rates on MUSA arranged coach travel to away games.
Membership is now due for the 2013/14 season
- Annual Membership remains at £5 (£1 for Juniors), or
- Life Membership £25 (plus £5 joining fee).
Fill a membership form in and return it to John Medley. Get a from from:
- The Programme Stall, Stripes Bar, or Club shop on matchdays, or nab a Committee member
- Download from the bottom of this page
- Email John Medley for one.
HOW CAN I HELP?
We hope that members will help out with the club, for example:
- Distribute match posters and leaflets to outlets around the town, or on special promo days hand out flyers
- Find new outlets for matchday posters
- Help at the summer working parties that have done so much to improve the state of the ground in recent years - tasks range from easy painting to heavy lifting!
- Get involved with fundraising events, particularly this season where we are trying to raise money towards the new stand. We would like to run promotional stands at more local events next year as well as events like quizzes etc. Ideas please!
- Join this site as a member, follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and help to spread the word about your local footie club to get new people coming to matches.
- Do you know any local businesses who would like to advertise in our programme or at the ground? We are always looking for advertisers and sponsors.
There is much to do and a few more willing hands would always be welcomed and greatly appreciated. Please contact John Medley if you are able to assist or can help in any way.
THIS IS WHERE YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS ARE SPENT...
Since 2009, MUSA has contributed £10,439.41 towards ground improvements at York Road - as at 31st May 2013, the amount in the ringfenced fund is £10,854.87.
WHAT MUSA HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THE FOOTBALL CLUB & CHARITABLE ORGANISATIONS
Year ending 31st May 2013
Contribution of 50% towards cost of materials used for general ground improvements £830.00
Paint and building materials £268.55
Year ending 31st May 2012
Contributions towards cost of directional road signs around Maidenhead £437.07
Paint & Materials for Ground Improvements £1,345.34
Year ending 30th June 2011
Contributions towards new Perimeter Railing £3,942.58
Contribution towards other Ground Improvements £642.22
Year ending 30th June 2010
Contributions towards other Ground Improvements £410.72
Year ending 30th June 2009
Refurbishment of the seats in STRIPES bar £1,400
Donation towards the repair of the stand roof £1,000
50% contribution towards a water sprinkler £600
Year ending 30th June 2008
Donations to the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Trust £600.73
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO ALL THOSE SUPPORTERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THE CAUSE