To create a safe, positive and inclusive club environment where rugby can be played and enjoyed on and off the pitch by everyone regardless of sexual orientation or ability.
To promote and develop the game of rugby football within Manchester’s gay and the local Sale communities in order to encourage engagement with the game and enjoyment at all levels. To provide participation opportunities and a high quality rugby experience for our members, their families, supporters and sponsors.
1. To increase our playing membership through continually promoting what the club can offer a member in terms of rugby participation, enjoyment, friendships and socialising.
2. To provide a high quality coaching environment where the best coaching practices are adopted, players are challenged in practice sessions and continuous improvement is promoted.
3. To look after our players welfare while engaged in club activities.
4. To improve and develop our playing, practice and changing facilities in conjunction with the Sale Sports Club redevelopment project.
5. To manage and administer the club with regard to due diligence, transparency and accountability to the membership and RFU.
The Club adopts the RFU’s core values of Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship that make the game special for those who enjoy the environment. The core values help define the game of rugby and how the Village Spartans members behave.
The Village Spartans - 'More than Rugby'
If you are interested in playing rugby for the Spartans, whatever your current ability or experience we have a place for you to play rugby, then contact James our recruitment officer at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Or via our Facebook page - see the link on the left hand side bar.