“"If you're a smaller guy like me, don't let your size put you off. Rugby is for everyone!"”
Michael - Manchester Village Spartans 3rd XV Playe
Plenty of people make new year resolutions that they find hard to keep (including me, writing this!) but the experts say it can often be easier to stick to and achieve, health and fitness related resolutions when you challenge yourself alongside others..... not wanting to let people down and so on......
We think trying our Touch Rugby Sessions could be a fabulous way to get one fitness resolution off to a good start for the following reasons:
1. You're learning and developing in a new sport within a friendly, competitive environment
2. You'll meet loads of new friends as you learn and develop - all of whom will have shared values if they're part of our inclusive club for any sexuality, gender or rugby ability.
3. It's fun and leaves you exhausted in a good way
4. It's low-contact so you don't have to do scrums or anything you're not ready for or scared about
5. It's regular and habit-forming in a good way
6. It's Free for the first few weeks - so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
7. It's social - once you're a member you can be included on our Facebook groups and sort things out such as lift-sharing etc
8. As a member of an O2 Touch club, you can sign up to the reward scheme and redeem points for attendance for nice things like branded rugby clothing exclusive to O2 Touch Rugby Participants
9. You can discover new things about yourself, your abilities and grow your confidence by learning a team sport.....Quite a few of our members previously never enjoyed team sport for many reasons relating to being LGBT / a perception of rugby being too macho. Something as a club we're proud to help change.
10. Touch is meant to be fun (without the scrum). It's the perfect way to start building fitness and get a strong sense of achievement whilst feeling entertained around other people taking the new challenge on just like you.
If you want to try us out or want to try us out with other colleagues or friends, please send Ben an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or PM us on Facebook @villagespartans
Updated 22:31 - 8 Jan 2018 by Yosh Tazaki