The G&C is a well-established friendly members sports and social club who are seeking a professional, well presented person to lead a small team of staff at this popular venue.
The club premises mainly consists of a members lounge and a busy function room with its own bar and kitchen. We host christenings, weddings and many other parties and presentations.
We are looking to recruit a capable and enthusiastic individual or couple to efficiently manage the bar operation of the club whilst also developing our function room and bar facilities.
You will be responsible for managing, planning, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the bar and its facilities. The key aim of this role is to provide club members with a consistently good experience by achieving and maintaining excellent standards of hospitality and cleanliness.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and communication skills, be reliable, trustworthy and have a “can do attitude”
The main requirements of the role are:
• Operating the bars and serving drinks to members and guests
• Cellar management and maintenance of real ales and beers to a high standard including a weekly line clean
• Ordering stock and dealing with suppliers.
• Management and motivation of bar staff.
• Delivering excellent customer service.
• Maintaining excellent standards of cleanliness and hospitality
• Managing function room bookings
• Overseeing the safety and general maintenance of the premises
• Work in conjunction with the club officers.
Kitchen Franchise/Kitchen Profit Share possibilities available therefore catering experience would be an advantage but not essential
There is the potential for live in accommodation which can be discussed at interview stage.
Previous managerial experience in a similar position is essential
Job Type: Permanent. Based on 43 hours per week, spread across days and evenings
(The successful applicant will be required to complete a 3 month probation period)
Salary in the range of £22,000 depending upon experience and responsibilities undertaken
Closing date for applications – Friday 9th March 2018
Please apply with CV and a covering letter to
Updated 22:51 - 19 Feb 2018 by Bobby Bridge
Joanne Willn (Secretary), Griff and Coton Sports Club, Heath End Road, Nuneaton, Warks, CV10 7JQ
e.mail - Griffandcoton@btconnect.com