First Team Lose Out On Their Travels To Frickley Athletic 8-0
A Look At How Today's Results Reflect League Standings
Today MDTC took to the road in a 210 mile round journey for our 'Away' game versus Frickley Athletic - unfortunately we lost 8-0; this meant that Frickley completed the 'double' scoring a total of 14 goals in the process.
The Frickley 'goal machine' has scored 72 goals this season, with Jacob Hazel scoring 32 aided by Tom Dugdale with 20 - whereas MDTFC have scored a total of 26 goals.
One has to get today's result into context - how many clubs in our League have in the course of this season had to build three different teams?
This result left us hoping that other results at the bottom of the Table went in our favour:
- Peterborough had a ding dong of a game versus Chasetown - losing 4-5.
- Romulus recorded a very commendable 0-0 'Home Draw' in their game with in form Leek Town
- Sheffield FC also secured a 'Home Draw' 2-2 against high flying Alvechurch
- Gresley's schedule 'Home' game versus Spalding United was postponed - due to a water logged pitch
The foot of the League Table is now as follows:
- 18th - Peterborough Sports (Played 29) - 26 Pts
- 19th - MDTFC (Played 27) - 26 Pts
- 20th - Romulus (Played 30) - 26 Pts
- 21st - Sheffield FC (Played 27) - 25 Pts
- 22nd - Gresley FC (Played 25) - 24 Pts
Despite today's result confidence in the MDTFC is very high; we do need the MDTFC supporters to become the extra man and show your support Home & Away for the remaining games of the season.
Next Saturday is local derby day when we make the short (almost a Home Game) 14 mile journey north up the A53 to play Newcastle Town; we look forward to seeing you there in support of your local football team.
Onwards and upwards.