The 1871 Club is the social arm of Marlborough Rugby Football Club (MRFC) and all proceeds from the membership and other activities of the 1871 Club go directly to MRFC to support the promotion of rugby for the whole family in the Marlborough area. The 1871 Club gets its name from the heritage of MRFC when, in 1871 Marlborough Nomads (along with 20 other Clubs, including Blackheath & Richmond) met to form the Rugby Football Union in a restaurant in Pall Mall, London.
The 1871 Club consists of :
• 1871 Vice Presidents : those who have either played for the club and/or have contributed to the development of MRFC
• 1871 Supporters : people in the Marlborough area who want to meet up with others who share a common passion for rugby football and who want to actively support the promotion and development of rugby for the whole family in Marlborough.
• Invitation to three lunches prior to First Team Home Games or Suppers hosted at club house. Cost per head from £12 - £15 plus drinks.
• Invitation to social events eg dinners during the season at selected local venues. Cost per head ranging from £25 plus drinks with at least £5 per head going to the MRFC funds.
• Prize draw to win a pair premium tickets to Premiership Final at Twickenham
• 10% discount off a pair of tickets to the MRFC Summer Ball (worth approximately £12)
• 10% discount off bar prices at the MRFC club house (for 2016/17 season onwards)
• Preferential access to International Home games tickets and International Away games tickets
See PDF Document for full details..