This is message for all the MRFC players, supporters, coaches and parents regarding the requirements for having man's best friend come along and support the Club and the owners of vehicles parking.
Dogs are obviously very much welcomed onto the Common and in the Clubhouse, but what is not acceptable is for their badly behaved owners not being responsible:
• Dogs are to be kept off any part of the playing areas either before, during or after matches.
• Dogs are to be kept at a safe distance from any touchlines/pitch sides during play and to be kept under control (on a lead). We do not want any players hurt and we really don't want any dogs to be flattened by a 17 stone prop; once they get momentum, there is no stopping them.
• Owners should also carry poop bags and clear up any deposits made by their four legged friend as they are unable to do so themselves and to dispose of them responsibly.
Please can we ask all drivers to park sensibly due to the current weather conditions the ground has become very soft and cars will end up becoming stuck as the ground will inevitably get worse - once made, the deep ruts will remain for the whole winter
Also, please do not park within 5 meters of any playing area such as at the bottom of 1st team pitch, the football pitch and the training area next to football pitch. This also includes half of the dead ball area at bottom of 1st team pitch which is less than 5 meters away from the path, so cars must not park there.
Please take a moment to read the following note from Marlborough College regarding dogs on their facilities on a Sunday
After a number of dog-related incidents and concerns, we have added the following stipulations to Club contracts henceforth:
Dogs owners: We would ask that when using College sports facilities, in any capacity (either as player or supporter):
• Dogs are either left in vehicles or are kept on a lead and under control at all times.
• Dogs are not allowed onto any part of the playing areas at any time before, during or after matches.
• Dogs are kept at a safe distance from any touchlines/pitch sides during play.
• Owners carry dog mess bags, clear up any mess made by their animals and dispose of it in the red dog waste bins provided at regular intervals around the College campus.
We aim to make the playing environment a safe one for all users and thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
Updated 21:41 - 14 Jan 2019 by Mike Banfield
Sports Facilities Manager