Located on the border of three counties, Melbourne Dynamo FC traces its roots back to 1950. Shortly after World War II, an Eastern European club side toured the UK, playing a series of friendly matches against professional and amateur outfits across the country. That club was FC Dynamo Moscow. The then known, Melbourne FC, were just one of the clubs that pitted their wits against FC Dynamo Moscow. A year or so later, so folklore would have it, Melbourne FC became Melbourne Dynamo FC, and the all blue strip was adopted.