Although the Berks & Bucks handbook states that Milton United was first formed in 1926, it is known that they where members of the North Berks league when first formed in in season 1909/10. In 1926/7 Milton gained their first trophy when they beat Aston Tirrold 8-2 in a play off. Milton United continued after the war but in the early 1950s folded. In 1958 the Club was reformed and regained entry to the North Berks league. In 1960/1 the club won the North Berks cup for the first time. In 1962/3 saw Milton as North Berks League Champions for the first time, and again in 1963/4. The next league title came in 1969/70, from a team that was captained by long serving committee member and former vice chairman John Cannon. The late 70s saw a relegation from Div. 2. In 1980/1 a new committee was formed, and for the next ten years the club was again successful, finishing 1984/85, 1986/87 as North Berks Leagure Division One runners-up then winning the title in 1985/86, 1987/88 and 1988/89. Inn addition the club were runners up in the Charity Shield 1982/83 then winning it in 1984/85, 1985/86, 1987/88 and 1988/89 whilst the club finished 1984/85 as runners-up in the Berks and Bucks Intermediate Cup. It was in 1989/90 that Milton applied to join th Hellenic League.
The application was successful and in their first season finished as runners up in both the first division of the league, gaining promotion to the premier league, and the Division One League Cup, as will as winning the Berks and Bucks Intermediate Cup. In 1990/91 they carried off the Premier Division Trophy as the first attempt and were awarded the Hellenic League Club of the Year trophy. Not only this but the Berks and Bucks intermediate trophy was retained. The following three seasons saw league positions as fourth, third and mid-table. However in 1984 the club was relegated when all Premier Division clubs were compelled to have floodlights.
In 1998 the move to a new ground at Milton Heights was made. Floodlights were installed, and the clubhouse was purchased and erected. Much of this work was achieved through voluntary labour, but we shall be forever indebted to Club President Ken Tull & in 1999/00 the Club regained its Premier Div Status. The success on the field did not match success off the field, as a result the club was relegated to Division One East in 2002/03. Season 2003/04 brough promotion to the premier division of the Hellenic League once again. 7th in the Premier League last season was the highest the club had acieved in many years. Striker Vince Rusher scored 48 goals in all competitions, winning the Hellenic League Premier Division Golden Boot Award. In Cup competition 120 minutes of play the Berks and Bucks Senior Trophy was conceded on penalties.
As an FA Charter Standard Development Club, Milton supports three senior sides, five youth teams a girls/ladies side and we are also home to the Vale of The White Horse and Oxfordshire Schools football. A strong youth policy has developed, with Milton United always looking for new teams to join the youth system at THE HEIGHTS, whether it is boys, girls or even disabled teams; all are welcome. All eligible are encouraged to be involved the the Hellenic Reserves , today's young players are Milton United's future in May of 2006 Milton United formed an association with Oxford United, with Milton becoming the home training base the senior club had sought for many years. Oxford United left Milton in 2009, where they re-located to Cheterton near Bicester as it was closer for the players traveling from the M40.
September 2011 heralded the start of a new era at the football club, with a whole new committee in place Milton looked to build on our reputation as a well oiled football club hosting Senior, Veterans, Youth, County Schools and Finals football. This change was followed by the Appointment of Paul Bedwell and Marcus Brown to the First Team Management. Their first season 2013/14 saw the winning of the UHLSport Hellenic Div 1 East Championship and the club awarded promotion to the Premier Division.
|14||Old Woodstock Town||3||3|