The Academy program delivers “Education through sport” enabling students to achieve a BTEC Level 2 & Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and English and Maths from Level1 to GCSE level whilst receiving high class football coaching.
Attendance at the Academy is FREE (other than a deposit payment for kit issued by the academy) and so this is an excellent option to school six forms or going to college and a great opportunity for 16-19 year old boys and girls to gain a meaningful qualification and top class football coaching on a 3 day per week academy course (plus an afternoon match each week) with:
• Diploma in Sport delivered by Jamie Carragher Academy teachers
• Maths and English programmes delivered by Coleg Cambria
• 3 half day football training sessions delivered by Academy coaches
• Matches in the Football Academy /college league per week plus cup competitions
• All lessons and football training will be held at Alyn Park, home of Mold Alexandra FC
• Graduation from the Jamie Carragher Academy puts students in an excellent position to follow a career in sport (playing or non playing roles)
The Academy follows the academic year and thus the first course is due to start on September 2017
• The academy is open to 16-19 year old boys and girls
• There will be a presentation by the Academy at 6pm on Thursday 29th June in the clubhouse at Mold Alex to explain what it's all about, how it works and to answer any questions
• Students that may be interested do not have to enrol on the night but they can if they want to
• There will be a follow up meeting to present to anyone that missed the 29th, the date for which will be advised in the near future.
• It is acceptable for players signed on at other clubs to attend the Academy but still play for their own club
This is an exciting opportunity for the further educational development of young people as they come to the end of their time at high school, the development of players from an academy linked with a Liverpool FC legend, and a great way to get a qualification for a future career in sport.
So, if you have a child in the target age range that may be interested please encourage them to attend the meeting on the 29th, and if do not have a child that qualifies at this time, please pass the information on to others you know that may be interested.
If you would like to discuss anything about this opportunity before the 29th please contact Barry Couchman on 07867728415
Updated 10:46 - 22 Jun 2017 by Mold Alex FC