Montrose & District RFC is actively seeking a motivated and ambitious coach to work with our senior squad.
Our club’s mission is to create a fun, encouraging and safe environment for everyone to develop a life-long love of the sport of rugby. We are looking for someone who shares our core values of enjoyment, inclusion, respect and commitment.
Currently our senior squad play as a combined team under the guise of Angus Development and currently reside in Caledonia League 3.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the men’s senior coaching here in Montrose as we look to build on our current crop of players and support the transition of players moving up from our thriving youth section.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and support will be given in terms of gaining Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and UKCC qualifications, if required. If you would like to be involved in the next phase of our development journey, we would love to hear from you.
Key Roles and responsibilities:
• Oversee and lead the coaching and development of the senior squad at MDRFC.
• Agree achievable and realistic targets with the club management and players for the season ahead.
• Perform individual player profiling and action planning in a regular basis.
• Effectively plan all training sessions to support development in line with the Scottish Rugby Technical Blueprint.
• All training sessions and fixtures are conducted in a professional, safe, and responsible manner while promoting the values of the club.
• Provide regular squad/team feedback, using match analysis
• Provide feedback and liaise with the committee as to any requirements for the team.
• In agreement with the Committee look to develop an organised and focused coaching team to aid with the training sessions.
• Deliver and / or coordinate specialist skills session, including position-specific skills.
• Demonstrate active involvement in CPD and wider coach development.
Knowledge and skills required:
• UKCC Level 2 (or working towards this qualification) along with previous coaching experience.
• Current RugbyRight course completed
• Evidence of coaching CPD
• Strong leadership and communication skills
Training is currently held on Thursday evenings from 7pm at Union Park, Montrose. We are looking to reintroduce the Tuesday evening session when appropriate
Match days are commonly Saturdays but can be altered due to the current rules for Caledonia League 3, where midweek evening fixtures are possible if mutually agreed.
Updated 10:22 - 10 Jul 2017 by Caroline Campbell
Applicants should forward an application letter and a CV showing your relevant skills and experience to Derek Craig, our Vice President Dek@Montroserugby.com
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please feel free to call;
Derek on 07753 716464
Duncan Campbell, club President, on 07597 649435.
Closing date friday 14th july