We believe that taking part in our sport should be a positive and enjoyable part of children's lives. We want to make sure that children are protected and kept safe from physical, sexual and emotional harm while they are with the coaches, helpers and other volunteers.
To do this, we have these aims:
- As part of our vetting procedure, each individual must state clearly that they will do everything in their power to uphold these aims.
- Coaches should hold current RFU coaching awards and will have an Enhanced Criminal Record Bureau certificate.
- Coaching positions will be open to both sexes.
- The Club will encourage and help coaches to stay up to date with rugby, coaching and child protection issues. Each lead coach will attend an NCF child protection workshop.
- All coaches will be given a copy of the Club Code of Conduct for coaches and be expected to keep to it at all times.
- As a club, we will promote and always play within the spirit of the laws and the letter of the continuum.
Anne Barnett is Moortown RUFC's Child Protection Co-ordinator and as such has the role of dealing with any concerns. She can be contacted on 07955 798636 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org