Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official MyFootballclub app


MyFootballclub - Match centre

Slough Town
Basingstoke Town
Tue 6 Mar 19:45 - League Full time Attendance 471

Match Report - Basingstoke Town (Home, League)

Rebels gain a point and return to a play-off position

0 - 1 (McKnight, 70m); 1 - 1 (Flood, 79m)

Man of Match: Lee Togwell

It ended all square at Arbour Park on Tuesday evening in the rescheduled match between Slough Town and Basingstoke Town.
The Rebels were looking for all three points as they look to close the gap on the sides above them, but the result does at least move Slough back into fifth spot with games in hand.
Lee Togwell picked up a very early yellow card for a foul in midfield, and Perry Coles flashed Slough’s first shot over the bar following a corner.
Slough went closer still on ten minutes – Perry Coles spotted goalkeeper Colm McAdden off his line and tried to lob him, but the effort lacked height and McAdden pushed it behind. From the resulting corner, Guy Hollis rose highest but was unlucky to see his header hit the top of the bar.
At the other end, Slough keeper Jack Turner was alert and acted as sweeper as he rushed off his line to tackle striker Sam Argent after he was played in – and shortly after, Turner made his first save of note as he kept out Argent’s far post header.
Chances were few and far between, and Perry Coles fired into the side netting later in the first half.
But in the opening minute of the second half, Basingstoke worked the ball to former Slough striker Callum Bunting, whose strike at Turner’s near post was turned behind.
Slough went on to see much of the ball, but the home side struggled to break down Basingstoke’s resilient defence. Mark Nisbet and James Dobson both sent difficult volleys well wide from distance with the Rebels restricted in their access to the visitors’ penalty area.
The home side were boosted by the introduction of Simon Dunn and Manny Williams in place of Coles and Dobson – both of whom had frustrating evenings – and almost immediately Lee Togwell forced McAdden into a good save low to his right as Slough worked the ball around the box nicely.
Then, with 20 minutes remaining, Basingstoke stunned Slough with a moment of class from midfielder Jack McKnight, with his 25-yard free kick sailing into the top corner giving Turner little chance.
However, Slough responded within ten minutes with a well-worked goal. George Wells came infield and passed the ball to Dunn, and the midfielder skilfully turned past his man before slipping it to Chris Flood, who did the rest – firing into the top corner under pressure from Guri Demuria.
Slough carried the greater threat in the closing stages as they pushed for a winning goal – Togwell’s shot took several deflections before being hacked away, and then in stoppage time Warren Harris headed just wide from Hollis’ cross, but there was no way through.

The Teams:
Slough Town: Jack Turner, Sean Fraser, George Wells, Guy Hollis, Mark Nisbet, Lee Togwell (yellow), James Dobson (Simon Dunn), Matthew Lench (yellow), Perry Coles (Manny Williams), Chris Flood, Warren Harris
Basingstoke Town: Colm McAdden, Tim Wohfiel, George Bennett, Charlie Kennedy (c), Guri Demuria, Dan Bayliss, Michael Atkins, Dan Collier, Callum Bunting, Sam Argent, Jack McKnight. Substitutes: Jordan Goater, Sam Smart, Shane Hollamby, Ben Wright.

Up your game with easyfundraising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments