1st Team - Match centre

Wigan St Patricks
Myton Warriors
Sat 21 Apr 14:30 - League Full time

Myton lose 3rd league game of the season.

Myton Warriors were on the end of a 30 - 18 defeat aginst Wigan St Patricks on Saturday. Mistakes and penalties again cost Myton dearly.


St Pats opened the scoring on 12 minutes when Myton knocked on inside the Wigan 20m.

From the scrum Wigan broke through and Smith sped away from half way to score under the posts.

Anthony Griffiths added the goal for 6-0.

Wigan St Patricks 30 - 18 Myton Warriors By Les Booth
22 photos

Ten minutes later Warriors were level when Lee James intercepted a St Pats cross-field move on half-way and sprinted away to score under the posts, with Ash James potting the extras.

On 31 minutes Smith restored St Pats' lead when Simon Atherton found a gap on his own 40m line, gave a dummy to round the full-back, before passing to Smith to score in the corner.

Three minutes before half-time Myton were penalised for a ball steal on their own 30 metres.

On the third play Wigan moved the ball across field through Dec Mcloughlin and Anthony Gallear to Gannon to score to the left of the posts.

On 51 minutes Lee Fewlass breathed fresh life into Myton's cause.

A kick on the last tackle from Kris Walker forced Wigan to pick the ball up on their own line.

Myton followed up the kick and backed the winger into touch.

On the second play from the scrum Mark Spence was held up short before Ricky Hough found Fewlass charging on to the ball to score.

With Ash James' goal it was 14-12. However, that was as close as the Warriors got.

On 57 minutes Warriors knocked on on their own line and from the scrum Danny Mason was tackled short of the line.

Marlon Alker then gave a short pass to Brett Whitehead to score to the left of the posts.

With Danny Pyke's goal it was 20-12.

Four minutes later Myton again knocked on, this time just inside the Wigan half.

From the scrum Tom Woodcock broke through the defence to sprint away and score to the left of the posts, Pyke adding the extras for 26-12.

However, Myton hit back when they were awarded a penalty for interference on the Wigan 20m line.

Spence crashed over to score with James adding the goal.

However, the last word went to St Pats, who scored their final try with three minutes left.

A loose pass was snapped up by Danny Mason who sped away to score 20m in from touch to allow Pyke to tag on the extras.

1. Matthew Welham
2. Luke Cooper
3. Gavin Drewery
4. Nick Halstead
5. Lee James
6. Ashley James
7. Kris Walker
8. Allan Dunham
9. Ricky Hough
10. Lee Fewlass
11. Richard Dunham
12. Carl Booth
13. Steve Atkinson

14. Dave Richmond
15. Adam Humphrey
16. Mark Spence
17. James Johnson

Tries: Lee James , Lee Fewlass , Mark Spence

Goals: Ashley James (3/3)

H/T: 6 - 14

F/T: 18 - 30

MOM: Richard Dunham

Players Player: Allan Dunham


Videos and photos

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors