MK Dons Ladies 12-0 Lowestoft Town Ladies
FA Women’s Premier League South East Division 1
Sunday 24th January 2016
Willen Road, Newport Pagnell
4. MK – Vicky Holland heads a Charly Wright corner over the bar.
6. MK – GOAL 1-0. A lovely cross field pass by Claire Hollingsworth to Sophie Watson who controls the ball before flicking it past Amy Bell and slotting home to open the scoring.
13. MK – Amy Bell saves Leanna Doyle’s shot following a Heather McDonnell corner.
23. MK – A great Charly Wright run down the left results in Leah Cudone hitting her shot high of the target.
25. MK – Charly Wright passes to Heather McDonnell whose shot is blocked by Chanelle Riggall. Charley Clarke thunders the rebound off the underside of the crossbar but the referee and his assistant rule that the ball did not cross the goal line when it bounced down.
26. MK – GOAL 2-0. Leah Cudone heads home a Charly Wright corner.
27. MK – GOAL 3-0. Claire Hollingsworth passes to Leah Cudone whose shot is tipped past the post. Sophie Watson’s corner is missed by everyone and eventually finds its way to Leah Cudone who makes no mistake with her clinical strike.
29. MK – GOAL 4-0. A beautiful interchange between Leanna Doyle and Heather McDonnell creates the space and time for McDonnell to produce a wonderful cross that Leah Cudone heads into the back of the net to complete a first half hatrick.
36. MK – Amy Bell pushes Leanna Doyle’s thirty yard shot round the post.
40. MK – Sam Gillings beats four players with a mazy run before Amy Bell saves her shot.
44. MK – Leah Cudone controls the ball and passes to Heather McDonnell who shoots over from outside the area.
45. MK – GOAL 5-0. Claire Hollingsworth heads Charley Wright’s corner onto the net to give the Dons a comprehensive half time lead.
45+0 Half Time: 5-0
52. MK – Great work from Amy Bell as she is out quickly to block Sophie Watson’s shot.
53. MK – A good save from Amy Bell, denying Vicky Holland.
57. MK – GOAL 6-0. Sophie Watson’s corner is laid back by Vicky Holland for Leanna Doyle to score from thirty yards.
58. LT – Millie Daviss switches the ball to Jackie Zavala who is denied by a brilliant Claire Hollingsworth tackle.
62. MK – Heather McDonnell lays the ball back for Charley Clarke who sees her shot saved by Amy Bell.
67. MK – GOAL 7-0. Vicky Holland releases Heather McDonnell who runs thirty yards before rifling the ball past the keeper.
68. MK – A great stop by Amy Bell from a wicked Leah Cudone shot.
72. MK – GOAL 8-0. A strong run from Leanna Doyle gives Charly Wright to score.
78. MK – Amy Bell catches Charley Clarke’s shot.
80. MK – GOAL 9-0. Vicky Holland puts Leah Cudone clear through, Cudone waits for the keeper to commit herself before calmly slotting home.
81. MK – GOAL 10-0. A beautiful move between Vicky Holland, Leah Cudone and Heather McDonnell results in a well taken goal by McDonnell.
87. MK – GOAL 11-0. Charly Wright passes to Leah Cudone who controls the ball well before hammering home her fifth goal of the game.
89. MK – GOAL 12-0. A determined run and shot from Charly Wright beats Amy Bell at the near post.
90+0 Full Time: 12-0
Milton Keynes demolished Lowestoft with a complete performance, playing some ruthless, free flowing, scintillating football. Neither side had played a competitive match since mid December and any fears that the game would be slow to get going were soon diminished. The Don’s were too strong, too powerful, too clinical as they controlled the game from the back. Charley Clarke’s link up play in front of the defence was superb and the movement and quality from the forward line was relentless. However, manager Tony O’Neill refused to let the Don’s standards drop, demanding that his players continued to push themselves for the entire ninety minutes. The team responded and every single player performed at the highest level.
Even following such a convincing defeat a young Lowestoft side had some positives to take from the game. There were good individual performances from Chelsea Clarke and Millie Daviss and Amy Bell pulled off some fine saves. Their manager will be pleased that they tried to play entertaining football and their attitude was excellent, at no point did their heads drop as they contributed to a thoroughly enthralling game.
1-0 Sophie Watson (6 mins)
2-0 Leah Cudone (26 mins)
3-0 Leah Cudone (27 mins)
4-0 Leah Cudone (29 mins)
5-0 Claire Hollingsworth (45 mins)
Half Time: 5-0
6-0 Leanna Doyle (57 mins)
7-0 Heather McDonnell (67 mins)
8-0 Charly Wright (72 mins)
9-0 Leah Cudone (80 mins)
10-0 Heather McDonnell (81 mins)
11-0 Leah Cudone (87 mins)
12-0 Charly Wright (89 mins)
Full Time: 12-0
MK Dons Ladies
1. Whitney Trippoli
2. Leanna Doyle (16. Rosie Anderson, 73 mins)
3. Sam Gillings
4. Charley Clarke
15. Claire Hollingsworth
6. Louise Naylor (14. Zoe Lander, 46 mins)
7. Sophie Watson (17. Andie Dickens, 59 mins)
8. Charly Wright
9. Vicky Holland
10. Heather McDonnell (c)
11. Leah Cudone
12. Charlotte Murphy
Lowestoft Town Ladies
1. Amy Bell
2. Jade Copeman (12. Camilla Morgan, 63 mins)
3. Abbie Everson
4. Ellie Froud
5. Charnelle Riggall
6. Chelsea Clarke
7. Jackie Zavala
8. Aimee Durrant
9. Millie Daviss (c)
10. Gemma Moore
11. Hannah Walters
Updated 21:19 - 24 Jan 2016 by Wayne Harmes
– Carlton Henry
– George Dengel
– Ebby Saleh