Sunday 10.15 - all welcome - experienced or anyone wishing to give the game a try very welcome
We are recruiting new players in preparation for the upcoming season 17/18
Under 14 transitional rugby is played with fifteen players in each team, with the objective to score a try (5 points).
In transitional rugby there is:
* no contact above the shoulder
* no line-out
* no hand off above the armpit
* rucks and mauls
* eight man contested scrum
Suggested / recommended equipment:
• Gum shield - no gum shield - no training & no game!
• Rugby shirt – for matches the club will provide a playing shirt although many parents choose to buy a club shirt as well, that can be used for training and matches.
• Newport rugby shorts – club shorts (maroon) are available from the club house on Sunday mornings- required for matches.
• Newport socks – available from the clubhouse as well – required for matches
• Base Layer. Designed to be worn beneath rugby team strips – a must for those cold mornings.
• Suitable clothing if weather is bad or they are "on the bench" at any time during a match.
• The only gloves that can be worn are IRB approved "stick mitts " fingerless style gloves.
• Water bottle – preferably with their name on it.
• Track suit bottoms – useful on cold training mornings – not for matches.
Contact Neil Wagstaff at email@example.com for further information.