Newton Abbot RFC
Photographic Images Policy
The RFU has approved a policy on photos and videos which Clubs are required to have in place:
1. The Club has identified the following circumstances under which photographic images of junior or mini players may be taken. This is meant to be an indicative list of circumstances provided for guidance and is not exhaustive or complete:-
• Video – coaching session for training purposes
• Action shots – General photo’s of players during a game
• Team photographs – posed group photo’s
• Awards and ceremonies
• Press coverage - local newspapers and specialist rugby press
• Head and Shoulder shots for registration purposes
• Tours and festivals at other clubs and grounds (Dependant upon the Host club’s policy)
2. All parents/guardians to be asked to sign this form approving the taking and use of photos, videos etc. Those taken or used by Newton Abbot RFC Junior itself being in accordance with full RFU guidelines (see the clubs and RFU Child Protection Policy). The Club will not be responsible for photographs/videos taken or used by any third parties.
3. If a parent/guardian chooses not to sign the declaration or changes their mind at a later date, then the Club reserves the right not to allow the relevant player to participate in events where they could be expected to be photographed/videoed. The Club may consider allowing the relevant player to participate provided their parent/guardian is present throughout and undertakes to supervise and monitor such child for the purposes of photos/videos. If the parent or guardian is unable to prevent unauthorized photographs/videos and is unhappy about this, they should immediately withdraw their player from the match concerned.
4. In the case of other clubs with whom the Club comes into contact (matches, festivals etc), the Club will advise them that they should not allow their players to participate unless they have either parental approval in respect of photographs or, absent that, an adult or guardian assigned to monitor such child as mentioned in 3 above.
5. Generally, the Club wishes to make it clear both to parents/guardians of its own players and also to other clubs that it will not be providing any photo-monitors for the purposes of controlling the taking of photographs or videos by third parties and if this causes concern to parents/guardians or to other clubs they will need to make their own provision.
6. You are requested to sign the declaration contained within Newton Abbot RFC Junior Section registration form.
Amended 18 Jan 2012 Phillip Laws, Junior Chairman, NARFC
South West Division » National League 3 South West
Last updated Thursday 17th July, 11:30