Equal Opportunities Policy Statement
Northolt Rugby Football Club recognises the importance of affording equity, equal opportunity and fair treatment to all present and potential employees.
Northolt Rugby Football Club aims to ensure that all people irrespective of their age, gender, ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, creed, colour, nationality, social status or sexual orientation have a genuine and equal opportunity to participate in Rugby Union at all levels and in all roles, and in any other sports or activities held at the club grounds or using its facilities. That is, as a beginner, participant or performer, and as a coach, official, referee, manager, administrator or spectator.
It is the aim of the Northolt Rugby Football Club in its relationships with its members, employees, applicants and in the provision of its services, not to disadvantage any individual by imposing any conditions or requirements which cannot be justified. Failure to comply may result in Disciplinary Action being taken
Direct discrimination is defined as treating a person less favourably than others are or would be treated in the same or similar circumstances.
Indirect discrimination occurs when a requirement or condition is applied which, whether intentional or not, adversely affects a considerably larger proportion of people of one race, sex or marital status than another and cannot be justified on grounds other than race, sex or marital status.
The Northolt Rugby Football Club Equal Opportunities Policy has the following objectives:
To adopt a planned approach to eliminating perceived barriers which discriminate against particular groups. This will include widening the traditional approach and include communities experiencing disadvantage, poverty and health inequalities.
- To ensure that no-one working or wishing to join or be involved with or work for or on behalf of Northolt Rugby Football Club receives less favorable treatment on the grounds outlined in the Policy Statement above.
- To give clear guidance to individual participating in activities within Northolt Rugby Football Club, either employed or as volunteers, on the commitment to equal opportunities.
- To ensure that all those who participate in activities at Northolt Rugby Football Club, at all levels and in all roles, receive fair and equitable treatment.
- To ensure that the format and content of all regulations and assessments provide equity for all, except where specific situations and conditions properly or reasonably prevent this.
- To ensure that all materials prepared, produced and distributed by or on behalf of Northolt Rugby Football Club promote a clear image of the profile of all those who are a part of the Club.
Northolt Rugby Football Club will seek to promote equity and equality through:
The monitoring of practices, procedures and data relating to the operations of competitions, schemes, initiatives and development materials.
A regular review of existing rules and regulations to ensure that they do not inhibit the participation of people from groups which may suffer discrimination.
Increasing collaboration with partner organisations to ensure equity, fair and consistent treatment of all members.
The provision of appropriate training for all employees, members of the Executive Committee and other key volunteers of Northolt Rugby Football Club to raise awareness of both collective and individual responsibilities, to support their progress within the Club and, where appropriate, provide specialised facilities, equipment and individual training.
In pursuance of this policy, Northolt Rugby Football Club may take special measures or positive action in favour of any group which is currently underrepresented in its membership, representative bodies or its workforce. In this the RFU/RFUW recognises its legal obligations under the following acts of Parliament:
Race Relations Act 1976 (amendment 2000)
Equal Pay Act 1970
Sex Discrimination Acts 1975, 1986, 1999
Disability Discrimination Act 1995
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Human Rights Act 1998.
- The Executive Committee of Northolt Rugby Football Club will be responsible for providing information to members about the policy and its implementation and impact.
- Northolt Rugby Football Club will continuously monitor and review procedures in relation to participation and employment to ensure individuals are treated solely on the basis of the skills and abilities which are appropriate to the position or activity or membership
- Northolt Rugby Football Club will work with key accountable officers within the respective partner organizations to the Club to ensure that all programmes and initiatives are inclusive
Northolt Rugby Football Club reserves the right to limit competitions and activities to persons of specific age, gender or disability groups where this is necessary to ensure equitable, safe and equal competition.
Northolt Rugby Football Club expects all those acting on behalf of the organisation to adhere to this policy.
In pursuance of this policy Northolt Rugby Football Club reserve the right to discipline any of its members or employees who practice any form of discrimination on the grounds of a persons age, gender, ability, race, religion, ethnic origin, creed, colour, nationality, social status or sexual orientation.