CONFIRMATION OF MINI/MIDI RULES FOR SEASON 2015/16
As promised, here's the summary from Kent RFU of the rules for the coming season.
The rollout of the New Rules of Play (NRoP) that began in September 2013 for Kent RFU clubs will continue with this year’s Under 11s changing to NRoP.
The main rules for the Under 11s, for the season commencing on 1st September 2015, are therefore as follows:
• Team numbers: 7, 8 or 9-a-side
• Maximum pitch size: 60 metres x 43 metres
• Ball Size: 4
• Continuation of uncontested scrum
• Nearest 3 players in scrum (all players trained in basic front row techniques, specialisation will come naturally in later years)
• Maximum 3 players per side to contest for the ball at ruck and maul
• Introduction of ball carrier plus 2 and tackler plus 2
• Introduction of tactical kicking and kicking restart
Please note that the recommendations of the Age Grade Competition Review will not be implemented till September 2016.
There will be no changes to U12, U13 or U14 this coming season.
If you have any queries, message me on here or e-mail: email@example.com
Kent Mini Rugby