“The most effective and efficient road to improvement is planning. By formulating a Club Development Plan including short, medium and long term aims and objectives we will be able to prioritise our club projects and associated funding and hence achieve our goals.”
Project 31 is the name given to OLRFCs initiative to create, coordinate a specific OLRFC development plan.
OLRFC club development plan will be produced following a capture of ideas and feedback from all our stakeholders and will be based on the club’s current position and a realistic long term model aiming towards the clubs readiness for our centenary.
The plan will incorporate capital build projects,
refurbishments, player and volunteer recruitment targets, coach and referee development, in fact any area of “on and off field rugby” that can be improved.
• Identify and prioritising aims and objectives for the future (essential for sustainability).
• Use OLRFC club resources more efficiently and effectively.
• Be the best and create a Professional & businesslike approach
• Be proactive NOT reactive
• Improved chances of securing external funding.
• Improved services for members.
• Attract new members.
• Succession planning
• Improve links with local authorities and schools.
How we will Plan
The plan should be based on five simple questions:
1. History – Where have we come from?
2. Audit ‐ Where are we now?
3. Aims ‐ Where do we want to be?
4. Plan ‐ How will we get there?
5. Review ‐ How will we know we have achieved our targets?