Quilter Kids First U12 opening session for 2018/19 season
Ex nihilo nihil fit
"Nothing comes from nothing"
To coincide with the launch of this season's RFU's Quilter Kids First sponsorship approach, the U12s held their first player-centred training session at Lime Meadow Avenue.
Quilter Kids First puts children first. Aimed at U7-U13 boys and girls, it upskills coaches and creates a great rugby environment, so that everyone stays in the game for longer. The Old Mids have taken the pledge which commits to
- Put children at the heart of everything we do and all decisions we make.
- Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
- Develop children’s confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
- Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for children.
- Champion rugby’s Core Values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
This week's skill zone was learning to kick: drop, punt and grubber
Joseph, Nathaniel and Jake self-organised the skills zone to practice kicking and then this was transferred into a series of progressive game based sessions. By the final game, the boys were able to evaluate and adapt during the game, having learnt when to pass or kick; and where and what type of kick to use.
The Old Mids U12 train on Sundays 1030-12pm. All abilities are welcome, from beginner to experienced player.
For further information contact email@example.com