The History of Old Pats
Rugby was first played at the
Cheltenham Gammar School around
1900 and the Old Patesians
Rugby Club was formed in 1913.
At the start of the 1925/26 season
the 'Echo' reviewed the Old Pats
prospects and commented "Followers
of the Old Patesians will be provided
with the best football, played in the right spirit ...
The Old Patesians play the game for the games sake
and the pleasure derived is shared by Players and Spectators alike".
The Old Patesians association was formed in 1947.
1975 saw the opening of the ground at Everest road and this put an end to the 'nomadic' nature of the club in previous years.
The 1987/88 season saw the formation of League rugby and Old pats were placed in Gloucestershire 1, nad we won the league in 1992.
Old Pats were crowned Western Counties league winners in 1993/94.
This was followed by being pronounced South West two (South) league winners in 1997/98.
2001/2002 was an incredible season with the First Team winning South West One by points difference, and the intermediate Cup at Twickenham by 1 point from Blaydon!