Paulton Rovers Football Club


By Tony Walsh, 26th Jul 2013

Paulton manager Nick Bunyan can be pleased with his sides victory against a hard working Toolstation side Street.

Ex Filton College keeper Louis Pierre started in goal and he was called upon to save from a Mark Salter shot. Street applied early pressure and in the eighth minute had a goal disallowed. A free kick by ex-Poole Town player Keith Emmerson was headed home by Smith only to be adjudged offside.

Rovers game into the game and younster Paddy Doyle was causing problems down the right wing. James Billing then cross which was met by Dan Dyke the Paulton left back whose header was saved by the home keeper.

Josh Klein-Davies then had a looping shot at goal and Doyle nearly fastened on to the half chance.

On 24 minutes Billing had a shot blocked and the ball fell to Mike Reaney who manage to hit the target.

Moments later Paulton had a scare. A harshly awared free kick just outside the box was struck by Emmerson and hit the post although Pierre seem to have it covered.

Klein-Davies and Billing combined and interchanged with each other before the Street defence were able to clear the ball.

On the stroke of half time Rovers took the lead. Dan Cottle on a weaving run was trip in the box and Biling converted the resultant spot kick.

James Billing added a second for Paulton in the 50 minute and Mark Salter scored a consellation for Street with two minute left.

Roy Emmerson came on in goal a the only half time change for Paulton to face his brother Keith on the other side. Both of these North East lads are in the Army based in the based the West Country.

Billing should have added to his tally in the forty seventh minute, when he chased a through ball from Ben osman rounded the keeper but saw his shot cleared off the line.

Three minutes later he was not be outdone racing onto a through ball he hit a drive low past the keeper to give Rovers a 2-0 lead.

Doyle nearly increase the score with superb turn and shot just over the bar.

Street replied with a heder from Salter easily saved by Emmerson.

With ten minutes left Paulton had a goal disallowd. From an Osman corner on the left Ollie Price rose above the defence to head back to Billing who thumped the ball home. Price however was adjudged to have fould his marker.

Player coach Josh Jeffries and assistant manager Paul Milsonm came on for Doyle and Klein-Davies nearly doubling the age profile of the Paulton team!

Only then did Street have their first clear shot of the second half when Salter shot over.

Billing and Milsom had half chances, but with two minutes left Street got a consellation goal when Keith Emmerson broke the offside trap and as his brother came out to close him down, he passed to Salter to tap in.

Paulton team- Louis Pierre (sub Roy Emmerson 46 mins.), Stuart Tovey, Dave Dyke, Mike Reaney, Ollie Price, Dan Cottle, Den Osman, Sam Clift, James Billing, Josh Klein-Davies (Josh Jeffries 75), Paddy Doyle (Paul Milsom 79).


or Register to add a comment