Code of Conduct
I've had some queries about the WRU code of conduct, so I thought it was a good time to remind everybody of their responsibilities, players, parents and coaches.
• To develop in all players an appreciation of rugby.
• To develop each player’s maximum potential.
• To encourage and deliberately boost the confidence of all players.
• DO NOT ridicule or over criticise.
• Ensure each coaching session is well prepared with the coaching emphasis being placed on
the development and acquisition of skill, decision making and an understanding of the game.
• Maintain the highest standards of personal discipline and courtesy during matches irrespective of the result and be a perfect role model for the young people.
• Set an example to your child:
–– Applaud good play by your team and by members of the opposing team.
–– Be friendly to parents of the opposition.
–– Do not question publicly the referee’s decision.
–– Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from mini and junior rugby.
–– Recognise and value the importance of coaches.
• Do not force an unwilling child to participate in rugby, their enjoyment is paramount.
• Encourage your child to play by the Laws/Rules.
• Teach your child the importance of effort and teamwork.
• Help your child to improve skills and to learn a positive attitude to the game.
• Play Rugby within the Laws and the Sporting Spirit of the Game.
• Support and cooperate with fellow team members to ensure the team plays to its maximum capability.
• Respect the opposition without whom the match would not take place.
• Respect the referee and accept all decisions without dissension.