The Minis' fixture list for next season is now completed, although with 20 fixtures/festivals, we may need to cancel up to three if the weather doesn’t do it for us (because the RFU limit us to 17 rugby days per season).
* We’ve got 8 home fixtures plus our Festival, as opposed to four home fixtures (plus Festival) this season.
* We’re playing 14 other clubs (excluding Mobbs & Cambs Cup) as opposed to 11 this season.
* There is only one three-way and that is only for the u7s, u8s, u9s and u10s.
* We have games with clubs that we haven’t played this season – namely Deeping (who we lost to frost this season), Northampton Casuals (for u11s and u12s only), Northampton Old Scouts, Peterborough Lions (for u7s, u8s, u9s and u10s only), St Ives (who only the 7s and 8s played this season) and S&L Corby (who we also lost to frost this season).
* However, while we’ve gained those, we’ve been unable to arrange fixtures with Ely, Oakham and Oundle, which is a shame. Oakham and Oundle will both becoming to our festival though.
* All our age groups are together wherever possible. The only exceptions are the Cambs County Cup, Mobbs and when we play Peterborough Lions, because they won’t have u11s and u12s.
* Our Festival is a week later than usual. We’ve lost Deeping, Huntingdon, Shelford and Spalding but gained Cambridge, Northampton ONs, Oakham and Wellingborough in their place. (Ampthill, Oundle, Rushden will return to make up the eight).
* We are at home on Mothers’ Day.