Petersfield Rugby Football Club
This is the link for the 2018/ 2019 season, this application should be completed for every player, training/playing this season. If completing as a parent for a child player, each child requires a separate application.
Welcome to the new season at Petersfield RFC. The season officially starts on September 1st 2018, and annual membership is due on that date. Pre-season training for some senior and youth players starts in July.
Petersfield RFC is a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) and an Industrial and Provident Society (IPS). The latter means that it is owned by its members who have one share each in the club/company. There are several categories of full club membership. These are all treated equally, and give two main additional rights – voting rights in the AGM (or EGM) and application rights for the PRFC’s allocation of England tickets.
Categories of Membership
1) Adult playing membership. (Senior players) - This is a set amount (£100 for 2018-19 season). The Senior Team Manager to collect and/or ensure membership is paid. In order to encourage prompt payment there is a late joining fee; Other than people new to rugby, or the club, the membership fee increases to £120 after Oct 1st 2018
2) Junior Playing Membership (Youth players) / Family Membership - This is a set amount (£100 for 2018-19 season), and gives one named adult full club membership.This includes any children playing rugby under the age of 18, or in full time education under the age of 21. It also covers the cost of senior playing membership but not the Match Fee. The Team Manager to collect and/or ensure membership is paid. In order to encourage prompt payment there is a late joining fee; Other than people new to rugby, or the club, the membership fee increases to £120 after Oct 1st 2018
3) Vice-President (VP) Membership - This a set amount ( £10 for 2018-19 season ), which confers full membership rights (i.e. playing, family membership, voting rights). VP’s are encouraged to make a voluntary donation to the club ( £90 for 2018-19 season), upon which the club can claim gift aid, if the VP has provided the club with a gift aid form. Membership is collected by the Club Secretary.
4) Social Membership / “57 Club” Membership - This is a set amount (£35 for 2018-19 season). Designed for former players or parents, who wish to remain members of the club, but who do not wish to be full members. Such members will not be classed as full voting members, so will not have voting rights or application rights for international tickets. The club also has a Social Membership of £35 per year, designed for former players or former parents who wish to remain members of the club, but who do not wish to be full members. Social members will not be classed as full voting members, so will not have voting rights or application rights for England tickets.
5) Veteran (Vets) players - a Vet (aged over 35 years) who only play Vets games ( and is not already an adult playing member ) need only pay the Vets playing levy for such games. Such Vets are not classed as members. Note the Vets team sponsor may alternatively pay a Match Levy of £100 each game to cover all such playing Levies.
6) Adult Occasional Player (OP) - that can only play very occasionally, must pay a OP levy of £10 per match in addition to the normal Match fee. Such OP’s are not classed as Members and can only play up to a maximum of 3 times in a season in this manner before they must then join the club. They should be encouraged to join in any event.
Hardship / Special cases: the club operates a hardship policy to encourage players from all backgrounds to play rugby. Each case is considered on its merits, any requests should be made in confidence via the Team Managers / management to the Club Secretary.
Other exemptions: Everyone is encouraged to pay membership although some regular Coaches / Specific Roles (e.g fixtures secretary) may be provided full membership gratis at the discretion of the Club Secretary provided they have no junior member that benefits from the club. Students (i.e. in full-time education such as university) who only play Senior rugby may have a 50% reduction - again the Club Secretary to approve such claims.
1) We require a current address (preferably including email address) for every full member of the club as this is a legal requirement placed on Petersfield Rugby Football Club Limited as we have to maintain a Membership list that is available to the Financial Conduct Authority, which regulates the club. For many/most club members this address will not change from year to year, but the member has to notify the club if these details do change.
2) For RFU insurance and safeguarding purposes we do require a form to be completed and returned for every person under 18 playing rugby signed by their parent/guardian. Please note if you have more than one child playing rugby, you will have to sign a form for each child. Our current understanding is that these signed forms only last for one season.
3) Every child under 18, and every adult playing in the 1st XV, has to be registered with the RFU on the GMS database. The database requires name, DOB, address, email address and parent/guardian name. It only has to be filled out once. Each player will be given a RFU ID number. Each team manager/ management team has been provided with a list of registered players at the start of the season. Players cannot play in any RFU competition unless they are registered. This does not cover friendly games or training sessions. Senior players are currently registered by Alison Butcher. Registering senior players has a lead time before they are registered. Youth /mini players will be registered by James Blumlein or Robert Mocatta. Youth/ mini players can be registered the day before a game. Many RFU games / tournaments ask the clubs taking part to provide a team sheet with RFU ID numbers on.
4) Contact details for communications and emergencies Medical information
This information will be kept by the team managers/ management teams. It is meant to be readily available to those involved in coaching, and the club has decided that it is no longer to be kept on a central database. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that the coaches/managers have all the relevant medical information to hand.
Payment Schemes: Keeping track of membership payments is complex, and requires a great deal of work.
This season we are requesting that everyone completes the online registration form and pays online. (apart from senior players and VP's)
Senior players are able to pay the membership (and potentially the playing levy) by monthly standing order. Please request a standing order form from the secretary, email@example.com
Once payment has been made please send an e-mail confirming payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
VP payments can be made online, accompanied by an email detailing payment, or by sending a cheque to: ‘VP Membership’, Petersfield RFC Penns Place, Petersfield Hampshire GU31 4EP
Payment queries can be made to email@example.com or ‘Payment Queries’, Petersfield RFC Penns Place, Petersfield Hampshire GU31 4EP
Petersfield RFC runs a "No Pay No Play "Policy
Bank Details: NatWest Bank,
Petersfield Account name: Petersfield Rugby Football Club
Account number: 86411675
Sort Code: 60-16-26
Hardship: The club operates a hardship policy to encourage players from all backgrounds to play rugby. Each case is considered on its merits, and any requests should be made in confidence via the team managers/management to the club secretary.
Membership Secretary Membership queries can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Membership Queries, Petersfield RFC Penns Place, Petersfield Hampshire GU31 4EP