Petersfield RFC Membership Form and RFU Registration – 2017 / 2018 Season
Welcome to the new season at Petersfield RFC. The season officially starts on September 1st 2017, and annual membership is due on that date. Pre-season training for some senior and youth players starts in July.
Petersfield RFC is a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) and an Industrial and Provident Society (IPS). The latter means that it is owned by its members who have one share each in the club/company. There are several categories of full club membership. These are all treated equally, and give two main additional rights – voting rights in the AGM (or EGM) and application rights for the PRFC’s allocation of England tickets.
1) Adult playing membership. This is £100 for the season for each adult player. There will also be an adult playing levy. Senior team captains/managers/coaches will be responsible for collecting the membership fees from the players and these management teams will both keep a record of payment and issue receipts for payment. Every member is entitled to one free club polo shirt. You can also buy more from the club at cost.
2) Junior playing membership/Family membership. This is £100 per family, and gives one named adult full club membership. This includes any children playing rugby under the age of 18, or in full time education under the age of 21. It also covers the cost of senior playing membership, but not the playing levy. The membership will be collected by the team manager who will both keep a record of payment and issue receipts for payment. Every member is entitled to one free club polo shirt. You can also buy more from the club at cost.
3) Vice Presidents. The membership fee for Vice Presidents is £10, which confers full membership rights (i.e playing, family membership, voting rights). Vice Presidents are encouraged to make a voluntary donation to the club of £90, upon which the club can claim gift aid, if the VP has provided the club with a gift aid form. The club has 81 Vice Presidents. The membership fees will be collected by the membership secretary (details below) who will keep a record of these payments. Every member is entitled to one free club polo shirt. You can also buy more from the club at cost.
The club also has a Social Membership of £35 per year, designed for former players or former parents who wish to remain members of the club, but who do not wish to be full members. Social members will not be classed as full voting members, so will not have voting rights or application rights for England tickets.
Information required 1) We require a current address (preferably including email address) for every full member of the club as this is a legal requirement placed on Petersfield Rugby Football Club Limited as we have to maintain a Membership list that is available to the Financial Conduct Authority, which regulates the club. For many/most club members this address will not change from year to year, but the member has to notify the club if these details do change.
2) For RFU insurance and safeguarding purposes we do require a form to be completed and returned for every person under 18 playing rugby signed by their parent/guardian. Please note if you have more than one child playing rugby, you will have to sign a form for each child. Our current understanding is that these signed forms only last for one season.
3) Every child under 18, and every adult playing in the 1st XV, has to be registered with the RFU on the GMS database. The database requires name, DOB, address, email address and parent/guardian name. It only has to be filled out once. Each player will be given a RFU ID number. Each team manager/ management team has been provided with a list of registered players at the start of the season. Players cannot play in any RFU competition unless they are registered. This does not cover friendly games or training sessions. Senior players are currently registered by Alison Butcher. Registering senior players has a lead time before they are registered. Youth /mini players will be registered by James Blumlein or Robert Mocatta. Youth/ mini players can be registered the day before a game. Many RFU games / tournaments ask the clubs taking part to provide a team sheet with RFU ID numbers on.
4) Contact details for communications and emergencies Medical information
This information will be kept by the team managers/ management teams. It is meant to be readily available to those involved in coaching, and the club has decided that it is no longer to be kept on a central database. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure that the coaches/managers have all the relevant medical information to hand.
Payment Schemes: Keeping track of membership payments is complex, and requires a great deal of work.
This season we are requesting that everyone completes the online registration form and pays online. (apart from senior players and VP's)
Senior players are able to pay the membership (and potentially the playing levy) by monthly standing order. Please request a standing order form from the secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once payment has been made please send an e-mail confirming payment to email@example.com
VP payments can be made online, accompanied by an email detailing payment, or by sending a cheque to: ‘VP Membership’, Petersfield RFC Penns Place, Petersfield Hampshire GU31 4EP
Payment queries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘Payment Queries’, Petersfield RFC Penns Place, Petersfield Hampshire GU31 4EP
Petersfield RFC runs a "No Pay No Play "Policy
Bank Details: NatWest Bank,
Petersfield Account name: Petersfield Rugby Football Club
Account number: 86411675
Sort Code: 60-16-26
Hardship: The club operates a hardship policy to encourage players from all backgrounds to play rugby. Each case is considered on its merits, and any requests should be made in confidence via the team managers/management to the club secretary.
Membership Secretary Membership queries can be e-mailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Membership Queries, Petersfield RFC Penns Place, Petersfield Hampshire GU31 4EP