Phoenix Lacrosse Club Committee Meeting
Wednesday 4 April 2012 – Goodchild Reserve commenced 6.45pm
Present: A.Inyat hussien, F.Maunton, L.Luff, G.Magee, G.Moir,R & D Robinson, C & P Blair, J.Kelly, C.Broz, L.McCallum
Apologies: Annabel and Gerard Wills
Confirmation of Previous Minutes: Not Tabled
Bank Statements : was Presented to committee . Balance available upon request.
Cheque book : held By C.Blair
Fee structure: Fees to remain as per 2011 Men $330, Women $220, Juniors $120 (D:Grade / Under 13) Under 17 $180 Fees collection Men / Women: L.Luff and J.Kelly to continue
Invoices: L.Luff to produce fee invoice and present with grant subsidy form.
Council subsidy: Healthcare and pension card holders eligible for $200 subsidy. This is one subsidy – it is called Sport for All, initiated by Dept Sport & Rec but payable via councils. Linda will attach a Sport for All application
All players need to fill out new form. C.Broz to provide forms.
Men and Women’s to be to updated on Sporting Pulse by Linda
The women have been getting junior parents to complete registration forms because they have to be registered to be in the score tent- and its worthwhile from a numbers of point view when applying for $$
Clubs online health check
F.Maunton recommendation from association for our club to do this. www.qlbs.com
Home Games – still trying to fit two grounds
Women’s coaching plan: Jay Bergland senior coach, F.Maunton coaching co-ordinator.Kira Maunton & Ashtyn Hiron to coach C Grade, with support from Fran
Women’s player contracts :due for signing prior to 1st game. Outlines roles/club responsibilities
Women’s Umpiring arrangements for 2012 and payment for 2011
2012 arrangement is that I will organize some umpire training pre season and I recommended that we should continue to pay $25 per game for umpiring
Payment for 2011 was a request for 2011 umpires to be paid ($25 per game as we had agreed in 2011 when we included a levy in the girls fees for same)
Action – Fran to supply names and number of games for the girls that did umpire
Australian Representatives: A.Hiron and T.Brown remain in the senior squad.
A Grade New Design agreed upon in Different material. G.Moir to approach Power play for quote.
Need permission from Lacrosse West Lacrosse WA. Discussion over club/player subsidy. Evidence provided of precedents for players purchasing their own tops or seeking sponsorship. Issue for future discussion.
National Championship – planning & reporting to association
Grant Submission F.Maunton & G.Magee made to Cockburn council. Another submission to be made to DSR for sponsorship.
F.Maunton agreed to be co coordinator, other positions to be made available at 1st meeting to be held at clubrooms 11th April 7.30pm.
Audited report required for funding submissions
Costa Vass was called during the meeting and asked to hand over all documents. F.Maunton to seek an audit asap. This item was considered urgent for subsidies.as an audit report must accompany the above applications for funding which are currently awaiting appraisal
Key Holders C.Broz, G.Magee (given to F.Maunton). two outside sets (one set with A.Wills)
Agreed two more sets to be ordered from council to be given to R.Robinson, G.Moir
The need for a key register and careful monitoring of who has and returns keys was suggested, with no final agreement being made
Equipment: R.Robsinson to be given $300 to purchase pantry and assorted setup consumables.
G.Moir to make up cleaning roster, draft list of basic duties.
J.Kelly located two scorers tables and 8 chairs. A.Wills has approx 30 chairs, C.Broz has located another drinks fridge for canteen.
Liquor licence discussions concluded that the council must 1st approve whatever licence we apply for, thereafter we must make an application to relevant authority. Approx cost $1500.
1970 premiership team reunion
C.Broz to liaise with Subiaco, set lunch meeting for a PHvsSUB home game. G.Magee suggested that old past players be approached to see if they are interested in performing some function at a club level.
Modcrosse inter-school carnival - 28th May
G.Moir co coordinating. Schools invited include Southwell, East Hamilton, Newton, St Jude and others. Email sent to schools outlining the proceedings.
Phoenix LC web site
Webmaster Assess for G.Moir provided.
Need to locate author of the duplicate Phoenix Face book site and ask them to dismantle in order to have one forum for social interaction and information. Pez to be asked if she has the admin rights.