Phoenix Lacrosse Club Committee Meeting
Wednesday 30th May 2012 – Goodchild Reserve commenced 7.05pm
Present: F.Maunton, L.Luff, G.Moir, R Robinson, C & P Blair, J.Kelly, C.Broz, P & J Fox, A.Wills, W.Manning, A.Campbell
Confirmation of Previous Minutes: L.Luff 2nd P.Blair
Business arising from minutes
2011 umpire payments approved.
$10,000 grant received from Cockburn Council, along with $1000 sports equipment grant.
C.Broz atteneded meeting on club’s behalf.
Club audit complete at a cost of $550 . Approved.
Formatted spreadsheets for future use were part of the audit.
Bank balance $18837. To be banked approx $2000 canteen profit.
J.Kelly to bank senior fees.
P.Fox mentioned Bendigo bank offer $1500 cash grants for bodies whochange over to them.
Fees: Restructured price changes. Male Uni Students $250, Women Uni students $180 Motion moved by F.Maunton 2nd J.Kelly approved.
L.Luff reported that collection and processing progressing well.
G.Moir to purchase vacuum
Set outlook calendar to send roster to those listed. Action C.Blair
Publish on Pitchero
Toilet rolls: ask all club members to provide a pack of 12.
Publish on chalkboard
G.Moir to set roster up
C.Blair to send outlook email. Calendar event.
Rule change allows up to 17 players per team.
G.Moir requires another 6 or 7 womens sticks for the new players.
Womens Quote $36 approx .Women to purchase their own uniform, club to purchase spares. Rebate for old uniforms to be advised. Action W.Manning.
National Championship – planning & reporting to association
Grant Submission F.Maunton & G.Magee made to Cockburn council. Was successful.
F.Maunton has approached F.Clarke regarding ALA fellows dinner and has also approached DSR regarding any other grants we maybe considered for.
Real estate companies could be asked to provide marquees: Paul Fox.
P.Fox to approach Asst Director of licensing regarding removal of Portugese societies licence.
Building mainatence issues highlighted. Oven not operational, hot water to kitchen, cornice in changerooms damaged.
P.Fox to approach Villis Pies to donate pie warmer.
Under 19 fundraiser
P.Blair has revised plans for fundraiser. Now to organize a raffle and parent and players dinner on the 16th of June. A.Wills offered her support.
Club to make a donation amount to be advised. Moved A.Wills 2nd A.Campbell.
1970 premiership team reunion
C.Broz to liaise with Subiaco, set date tentatively as 18th of August.
Modcrosse inter-school carnival - 28th May
G.Moir co coordinating. Schools invited include Southwell, East Hamilton, Newton, St Jude and others. John Kelly, Erin Horne, Kira and fran Maunton, Colin Broz thanked for their support on the day.
Phoenix LC web site
Domain name is available at a cost per year.
The need for a new website was raised. However there is un used potential is available on the current website.
Webmasters need to spend sometime looking at how to mould the site to better suit the club.
Lack of registrations on the website is a problem, too many ways of communicating. Website, and TWO facebook sites….needs consolidation. There are more than 150 people using facebook across two sites.
Webmaster Assess for G.Moir provided.
Need to locate author of the duplicate Phoenix Face book site and ask them to dismantle in order to have one forum for social interaction and information. Pez to be asked if she has the admin rights. (no action as yet)