Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Pulborough RFC app



Insurance for Affiliate RFU Clubs

In this section you can find details of the insurance cover provided by the RFU for those participating in rugby union for the following areas:

Personal Accident Insurance while playing rugby union
Public/Products Liability Insurance
Employers Liability Insurance
Referees and Coaches Liability Insurance
Directors and Officers Insurance

If you have any queries concerning the above covers provided for your rugby club as an RFU affiliate member, please contact Marsh, the RFU’s official insurance brokers, via the following:

Flooding incidents insurance claims guidance

Marsh have provided a general guidance as to what to expect if you need to make an insurance claim for flood damage, and the key actions you should take to protect your position. It also highlights some of the potential pitfalls and problems you might encounter, and how to handle them. Please download the Flooding Incidents Claim Guidance (PDF 2.1MB).
Insurance for non-affiliated teams

From this season (2013-14) there has been a change in policy, where previously non-affiliated teams wanting to play in one-off matches, invitational matches, charity games or 7s, 10s and 15s tournaments had to request one-off match insurance from the RFU and pay an admin fee of £35. The process has now changed. All non-affiliated teams are now covered as they are pre-approved by the RFU to be covered by the RFU’s Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability Insurance provided the match or tournament is played in accordance with the RFU Rules and Regulations and the IRB Laws of the Game.

A summary of the RFU’s Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability Insurance cover is set out at Summary of Personal Accident Protection for Players (PDF 32kB) and for a copy of the full policy wording, please email

Please note that:

The above insurance covers accidental death and permanent total disability only as set out in the summary and policy wording
The policy does not provide any general protection or cover in the case of loss of earnings or minor and temporary injuries such as broken limb, strains etc. It is recommended that additional personal protection should be considered, which is readily available from the insurance market
If playing abroad, teams are also required to take out additional tour travel insurance (visit our Tours Insurance page for further information)
Non-affiliated teams are not covered by the RFU’s public liability insurance cover (including liability for injuries caused by an individual to another or to property) or by any other insurance cover provided by the RFU, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the RFU Legal & Governance Department

For further details on how your club can become affiliated to the RFU or information about hosting an RFU approved event at your rugby club, contact your local Rugby Development Officer (RDO).

If you need to check if your club is affiliated to the RFU please download the affiliated club list (xlsx 66kB).

The RFU is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Marsh Ltd. Marsh Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. © Copyright 2014 Marsh Ltd. All rights reserved.


Club sponsors