Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Rainworth MWFC app


1st Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Quorn (FA Vase)
Rainworth MWFC
Sat 5 Sep 15:00 - Cup Full time Attendance 105

No Wembley Visit this Year!

Rainworth’s quest for a good FA Vase run ended before it even kicked off with five first teamers unavailable for the tie at Quorn.

There had been the odd absentee already this season and we had coped in the main, but today proved a bridge too far.

As expected Rainworth started slowly and in the 9th David Hind used his speed, that was to be a thorn in the Rainworth defence’s side all afternoon, but he put his effort wide.

A couple of minutes later and a defensive error was pounced on by Hind, but luckily he was flagged for offside.

Rainworth started to come into the game and in the 16th minute Connor Smythe’s free kick was headed on by Liam Morris but the keeper easily gathered.

Then a minute later a good move between Lewis Bingham, Morris and Cameron Mitchell ended with Mitchell’s cross just too long.

It was a period of Rainworth pressure and Ben Bowring’s effort was only parried by the keeper but Quorn managed to clear the danger.

It was Hind again in the 20th minute when his effort on the turn was well saved by Nathan Burrows.

Rainworth once again threatened by Ricky Hanson’s cross beat everyone but as Smythe met it he hit his effort wide.

It was that man Hind again in the 28th minute who broke clear but Burrows blocked his first effort and he put his second wide.

Just as it seemed Rainworth had weathered the early storm they fell asleep at a corner and as the cross found Spencer Smith unmarked he had the simple task of heading it into the net.

Rainworth continued to give the ball away and were lucky that Quorn’s finishing wasn’t that good.

Quorn had a narrow escape as Ryan Thacker gathered Smythe’s effort at the second attempt with Bingham hovering.

That was the final play of a half were Rainworth would feel that they could pull back the one goal deficit.

It was Rainworth who started the second half better and Bingham’s effort went just wide.

Hind however had other ideas as he once again broke clear, only to see his effort fly across the goal and out a minute later and he was thwarted by Burrows legs.

In the space of three minutes both sides had efforts cleared off the line the Quorn effort by Ben Bowring and Smythe’s effort by Smith.

Quorn were quickly back on the attack and a flowing move ended with the ball just clearing the crossbar.

The tie was effectively decided in the 66th minute when a Rainworth player was muscled off the ball and when it found the dangerous Hind he made no mistake for the second.

Rainworth came back and Smythe’s effort was blocked for a corner and James Weaver replaced Mitchell.

Morris set up Bowring but he hit his effort wide with the keeper struggling.

The tie was over as a contest when in the 82nd minute Burrows brought down Hind in the penalty area and Scott Staniland easily beat him with the spot kick.

In the final minutes Julian Watts replaced the injured Bowring and shortly afterwards the referee blew for time.

The result proved that Rainworth don’t have the required strength in depth and on the day as hard as they tried the first team absentees were the difference.

RAINWORTH MWFC: Burrows; Hanson; Andrews; Bowring (Watts); Plant; Campion; Mitchell (S. Weaver); Pereira; Smythe; Morris; Bingham.

Man of the match: Ricky Hanson.

Attendance 105

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Ricky Hanson

Player of the Match

Ricky Hanson
Replay game

As it happened

  • Quorn (FA Vase)
  • Rainworth MWFC
  • 0
  • Cameron Mitchell Sub Off 71:00'
  • James Weaver Sub On 71:00'
  • Julian Watts Sub On 90:00'
  • Ben Bowring Sub Off 90:00'

Video Advertising

Team selection

Only authorised club members can view team selection.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors