Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Rainworth MWFC app


1st Team - Match centre

Rainworth MWFC
L Bingham (18', 55'), M Sykes (67'), J Barnett (90')
Full time
Tue 8 Dec 19:45 - Cup Attendance 51

Workmanlike Rainworth Ease Through to Next Round

No Giant-Killing act at Kirklington Road.

With the wind swirling at Kirklington Road, Rainworth hoped their Notts Senior Cup hopes wouldn’t be blown off course.

Boasting a cup record in recent years best described as abysmal, the home tie against Beeston was a potential banana skin.

On the night the only team however that looked likely to beat Rainworth was Rainworth themselves, the only thing lacking in a competent performance was the finishing.

The early exchanges had both sides sizing each other up and the nearest either side came to troubling the other was in the 10th minute when after a goalmouth scramble, Beeston cleared at the expense of a corner.

Rainworth came even closer in the 12th minute when Lewis Bingham found Matt Sykes and his goal bound shot was tipped over by Danny Brown.

Next it was Declan Brewin who tested Beeston’s defence as his mazy run was only stopped when his shot was blocked.

The inevitable goal came in the 18th minute when after a fine passing move by Rainworth saw Connor Smythe break into the area and as his shot was crossing the line Bingham ensured it did.

Rainworth continued to press but Brewin’s effort from distance was just over. The first effort on goal by Beeston came in the 25th minute, but it was well wide.

Brewin went close again when found by Ricky Hanson’s through ball, but he hit it over when well placed.

Beeston then came more into the game and they were unlucky when they had an effort cleared off the line.

Rainworth however finished the half on top and they were unlucky to see Matt Plant’s effort fly wide after another neat passing move.

The half came to an end with Rainworth leading by a solitary goal, although they had had numerous chances to be leading by far more.

It was Beeston who came out of the blocks the quickest as Mark Harrison ran at the Rainworth defence but Chris Gill easily saved the shot.

Rainworth’s Smythe was unlucky not to double the lead when he was set up by Morris, but his effort came back off the post with Brown a mere spectator.

The 50th minute saw Smythe break and put Bingham through but his shot is saved by the legs of Brown.

Then in a two minute period Beeston almost equalised as firstly Shane Pickance’s shot flashes just the wrong side of the upright. Then an error in midfield allows Beeston to cross into the box and with the goal at his mercy Mark Vipond inexplicably puts it over.

Beeston were to rue that miss when Hanson’s cross is coolly flicked into the net by Bingham to double their lead.

Morris was unlucky when in the 59th minute his goal bound shot was deflected for a corner.

Beeston wouldn’t lie down and they were unlucky when Nicky Kennerdale’s effort went the wrong side of the post.

Rainworth made a double substitution bringing on Sam Dockwray and Jamie York for Brewin and Bingham.

Rainworth’s third goal was special when Matt Syke’s bent in an exquisite free-kick from an acute angle.

Still Beeston came forward and Gill was at full-stretch to push a deflected shot around the upright for a corner.

Rainworth should probably have added to their score in the 68th minute when Sykes broke into the area, his inviting cross just evaded three attackers, before being cleared.

Any chance Beeston had of rescuing the tie ended in the 81st minute when Jake West’s stupidity ended with him being sent off. Having received a yellow card for dissent he sarcastically applauded the referee and got the inevitable second yellow and subsequent red.
This seemed to spur Beeston on and Gill had to save at full-stretch to prevent Ashley Snape’s fierce shot pulling a goal back.

Rainworth made their final substitution bringing on Nathan Clarke for Matt Thompson.

Rainworth’s Sam Dockwray ran past the whole of the Beeston defence but his shot didn’t quite match the run as it just cleared the bar.

Right on the final whistle a great inter-passing move, something that has become a signature move this season, ended with man of the match Jack Barnett hitting his shot into the far corner for the fourth.

At the final whistle Beeston can be proud of their effort but on the night Rainworth were always in control.

RAINWORTH: Gill; Hanson; Smythe; Barnett; Plant; L.Weaver; Brewin (York); Thompson (Clarke); Morris; Bingham (Dockwray); Sykes. Sub (not used): J.Weaver.

Referee: Stuart Richardson

Man of match: Jack Barnett

Attendance: 51

Up your game with easyfundraising

Jack Barnett

Player of the Match

Jack Barnett

Key moments

Goal Lewis Bingham scores for Rainworth MWFC
45:00 +45:00
Goal Jack Barnett scores for Rainworth MWFC
Goal Lewis Bingham scores for Rainworth MWFC
Goal Matthew Sykes scores for Rainworth MWFC
Replay game

As it happened

  • Rainworth MWFC
  • Beeston
  • 0
  • Lewis Bingham Goal 18:00'
  • Matthew Sykes Assist 18:00'
  • Jack Barnett Goal 45:00 +45:00'
  • Lewis Bingham Goal 55:00'
  • Ricky Hanson Assist 55:00'
  • Sam Dockwray Sub On 65:00'
  • Jamie York Sub On 65:00'
  • Declan Brewin Sub Off 65:00'
  • Lewis Bingham Sub Off 65:00'
  • Matthew Sykes Goal 67:00'
  • Nathan Clarke Sub On 84:00'
  • Matthew Thompson Sub Off 84:00'

Video Advertising

Team selection

Only authorised club members can view team selection.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors