Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Rainworth MWFC app


1st Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Rainworth Miners Welfare
Coalville Town
Sat 6 Dec 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League Northern Premier - First Division South Full time Attendance 85

Early Euphoria Turned to Despair.

Early Promise comes to nothing!!

Rainworth’s season continued to be hit by misfortune with key players unavailable for varying reasons for today’s home fixture against improving Coalville Town.

There was some good news with Matt Millns and Alex Ford once again available, as the fight for survival intensifies.
The game started at a frenetic pace with both sides pushing forward in search of the opening goal.

In the 9th minute from a Dean Freeman long throw Matt Millns headed the ball on and Alex Ford was on hand to open the scoring for Rainworth.

Another good move in the 12th minute saw Ford’s screamer just clear the crossbar with Sean Bowles a helpless bystander.

Another Freeman long throw in the 16th minute saw Tommy Hannigan head it on and Emeka Nwadike put the ball in the net. The celebrations were short lived when the referee disallowed it for offside.

Rainworth look a more balanced side when Ford plays and his six goals in nine games speak volumes of his importance to the cause.

That spell of Rainworth dominance was to be the last in a half when Coalville gradually gained the upper hand, but stout defending and poor finishing meant they still led at the half-way stage.

The nearest they came to an equaliser was in the 39th minute when Nathan Watson weaved his way into the area but his goal bound shot was brilliantly tipped around the post by Jake Turner.

Coalville pressurised the Rainworth goal and were rewarded when Ian Robinson failed to clear and Jake Wooley ran through and placed his shot wide of Turner for the equaliser.

Rainworth heads dropped and they started to miss tackles and were guilty of hitting the ball aimlessly at times. It came as no surprise when in the 59th minute a cross found Watson in the area and his first time shot gave Turner no chance.

Rainworth continued to frustrate as they struggled to quell the Coalville onslaught and when they gave away a free kick on the edge of the area in the 67th minute, there was to be only one outcome. Watson and Sam Brooks lined up the kick and it was Brooks who hit his shot into the far corner for the third.

This seemed to spur Rainworth and a good move in the 72nd minute saw Henry Sibenge find Ford whose lob beat Bowles but just cleared the crossbar.

They came even nearer in the 75th minute when from a corner Tommy Hannigan’s goal bound header was cleared off the line by Brooks.

That was too be their final chance as Coalville again dictated and in the 81st minute only a good save by Turner prevented Luke Smithson increasing their lead.

It got even worse for Rainworth when a minute later Ford went down injured and had to be replaced by Alex Haughton.

In the final minute Rainworth had a lucky escape when a free kick across the goal struck the far upright and was cleared.
There was still however time for Watson to get the fourth with a header from Alex Dean’s cross.

Rainworth were glad to hear the final whistle in a game that promised much but ended with Coalville deserved winners.

RAINWORTH: Turner; Hannigan; T.Brown; Freeman; Millns; Nwadike; Camm; Robinson (Brock); Sibenge (Kenlock); Ford (Haughton); Ofushine. Sub (not used0 : Richards

Referee: Mr. James Thornhill.

Man of match: Matt Millns

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other First Division South results

Mickleover Sports
Sheffield FC
Loughborough Dynamo
Gresley FC
Stocksbridge Park Steels
Sutton Coldfield Town


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
16. Goole AFC 42 46
17. Stocksbridge Park Steels 42 41
18. Carlton Town 42 39
19. Market Drayton Town 42 37
20. Kidsgrove Athletic 42 36
21. Rainworth Miners Welfare 42 30
22. Brigg Town 42 12

Team sponsors


Club sponsors