Megabash at Holme Park 2012
17-19 August 2012
This major event, in its 25th year and 10th year at the club, has now been fully adopted by RRFC as an annual fund raiser. It’s a Music, Real-ale and BBQ mini festival in August. Bring your family and friends to this fabulous weekend in the sun (promise)! But even if it is a bit wet we have a huge marquee and all the usual club facilities.
What you need to know:
· Get your tickets in advance to take advantage of great deals. E.g. £60 for a carload up to 7 people for the weekend – that’s less than a tenner a head! And kids 12 and under come in free. Tickets available now on line at http://www.megabash.co.uk
or at the club bar or get them from Hugh Crabtree by emailing email@example.com
· Plan to camp or get a room as there are late night music sessions planned on Friday in the club and breakfasts available from the event’s Field Kitchen Catering – Gina to you and me!
· Bring something to BBQ on the DIY grill – the event will provide plates, cutlery, bread and salads included in the price. If you prefer, just use Field Kitchen Catering for all the usual choices.
· The Megabash real-ale bar will have a selection of beers and ciders from The West Berkshire Brewery and Tufts Clump Ciders. All beers at £2.80 a pint and ciders at £3 a pint. Fantastic value!
· Friday night entertainment in the main tent by our very own Rhino Plasty supported by the Roger Winslet Trio. Maybe a few surprise guests too.
· Late night session midnight to 2am in the club bar.
· 8 bands line up to provide a fantastic programme of music from 1pm – midnight Saturday. Horizon (folk from Cardiff) /John James Newman / Private Jet (original local rock band in the Led Zepplin mould featuring club member on drums) / The Alan Whetton Sound (student musicians play the lot – brilliant) / Smokey Bastard (punk folk locals making their mark all over Europe) / 3 Buck Shirt (Jason Manners plays the blues and so much more) / Feast of Fiddles (11-piece fiddle band featuring stars like Peter Knight of Steeleye Span, Brian McNeill of The Battlefield Band, Dave Mattacks on drums who’s played with everyone including Elton, Bowie, McCartney, Chris Rea, Fairport Convention, Jethro Tull to name but a few – and our own Hugh Crabtree squeezing his box) / The Rest (whoever is left standing to take us through to the midnight hour with dance music to shuffle or bop to)
· Bouncy castle for the bouncy amongst you together with face-painting and balloon modelling to keep the kids happy. Happy kids = Happy Parents = Great weekend!
· Classic cars and other motoring stuff
· Extra Sunday Party to celebrate the Club Chairman’s 50th Birthday – with live music from a pick-up band of the famous.
· And all for £15 a head max? Incredible value – all in aid of the club.
· Bring your family and friends and have a great weekend of fun at Holme Park
for tickets and more
Tickets on sale on-line from http://www.megabash.co.uk, from behind the bar or contact firstname.lastname@example.org