After a hectic November, December was always going to be quiet in comparison, with the two week layoff over Christmas.
Highlights for the period have included:
- Outstanding individual and team performances at Alton in a three way with Portsmouth.
Indoor rugby skills Olympics at Bluecoats;
- Strong squad performances in the Triangular fixture with Weybridge and Slough
- An awesome passing and movement session at the impressive indoor expanse that is “The Dome”
- Sunday’s trial matches where the guys showed, tenacity, discipline and great team ethic in their respective squads.
Weekly honours T shirts for the period have been awarded to Andrew P, Joe V, Patrick S, Chris P, Dylan and Owen J – well done guys keep up the great work.
Looking forward to late January and February, we are now approaching the “business” end of the season. Due to the size of the group we have added a number of additional festivals and impromptu fixtures to ensure everyone gets equal experience of tournament and club rugby fixtures. To avoid overplaying the guys, we will be taking different squads to different fixtures each week on a rotational basis. To make this work properly, if the availabilities that you have posted to team management change, please advise as soon as possible – communication is key in making our little rugby community function effectively.
The Tour is now confirmed, and the weekend of the 29th April, all roads lead to the Isle of Wight for the Vectis festival. Mark Rayner will be taking any final bookings this weekend.
Fixtures for the next month are as follows:
- 29th Jan - Bracknell & Redingensians (whole squad) - @ Home.
- 5th Feb - London Irish & Redingensians (whole squad) - @ Redingensians.
- 12th Feb - Overton Spring Cup (Barbarians team only, rest training) - @ Overton & home respectively.
- 19th Feb - Redingensians Festival (Barbarians team only) Bracknell & Abbey (rest of squad) - @ Redingensians & Abbey respectively.
- 26th Feb – Training (whole squad) - @ Home.
Thanks for your continued commitment and focus – let’s keep working hard and enjoying the two hours we have together each Sunday.