Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Redhill Football Club


The Lobsters Denied Late On

1 week ago By Charlie Bright

A late goal for promotion chasing Walton & Hersham meant the Reds headed back to Kiln Brow empty handed, after putting in a good display.

Redhill made the trip to promotion chasing Walton and Hersham and dispite it being cold, wet and windy the crowd were in for a cracking game of football on the new 3g surface at the impresive new Xcel Sports Hub.

The Reds made a confident start, but it was the home side that made most of a defensive error with the Swans TJ Nkoma finding the empty net to go a goal up on 10 minutes. Redhill continued to take the game to the home side, with Kerry Kedze finding Gavin Long who's shot went just past the post.

Then Mo Diakite went close as his shot was well saved by keeper Brenden Norris. The Lobsters hard work was rewarded just before the break, and it was worth the wait as Gary Abisogun struck an unstoppable shot into the top corner from 25 yards, meaning the Reds went in level at the break.

Redhill played into the wind in the second half, but continued to create the better chances but on 58 minutes arguably against the run of play Walton retook the lead Swans skipper Jamie Thoroughgood headed home to make it 2-1. Redhill were awarded a penalty on 63 minutes, Gary Abisogun stepped up to fire home and level the scores once more.

The game was set up for a frantic finale, as both sides looked for all three points. It was the home side who managed to carve out one last chance with Bojaj netting a winner for the high flyers. For the Reds it was a bitter pill to swallow, as they'd put in a very assured performance.

Updated 06:59 - 12 Feb 2018 by Charlie Bright

Where next?

Reds Beaten By Sports The Lobsters went down to an away defeat at Bedfont Sports.


Loading comments

Sat 24 Feb
Redhill FC Chertsey Town
League 15:00
Sat 3 Mar
Redhill FC Farnham Town
League 15:00

News sponsors


Club sponsors