COMPETITION TIME: WINNER PETE KEERS
We have a winner and as it is a first past the post system and the man who won was the only one who tried to get near the post never mind past it.
The winner is, drum roll please
It is former first team hooker, “brasso” scrubber around the regions you shouldn’t, aka Ex ref/ Current ref
Peter has won a meal for two at today’s game and seen as Peter has no friends I am guessing he will be taking that well known free loader and former Waterloo scrum half Chris Molyneux (watch your wallets)
Peter managed to get some of the answers correct and so as set out by the rules he wins the competition.
People have been saying to me since it was launched how difficult the competition is but I was working under the clear guidelines set out by the executive committee and I quote “Painey make sure it is impossible to win those free bloody tickets will you”. Well I tried.
No only joking, I have been sufficiently reprimanded and have been told to set questions that people have a chance of getting some right.
So don’t forget go to the website after Saturday’s game and go to the “sat at the bar” part of the forum and have a go. You have to be a member of the website but that’s free and easy to do.
Well done Peter.
Here are the questions and answers of Competition number 1
1. In 1954/55 international season Wales met Ireland and won, with the legendary Cliff Morgan scoring a try but who was his half back partner’s original club. (both player and club)
A: Rex Willis: Llandaff RFC
2. Which South African Province beat Zimbabwe by a record score in1996 (Team and Score)
A: Boland Cavillers 96-5
3. Former Halifax tight head prop Richard Szabo won caps for which country.
4. Which Midlands club did Brett Taylor coach in the mid noughties.
A: Rugby Lions
5. Former All Ireland and Munster fullback between 1978-81
A: Dick Spring
6. Who was the winning club and captained the team in the 1975 knock out cup final and who did they beat. ( Wining Club, Winning Captain, and the other finalists)
A: Bedford Blues, Budge Rodgers, Rosslyn Park
7. In their extremely successful season of 1954/55 which forward captained the New Brighton first XV.
A: Arthur Ripley, Wing forward
8. Who was Sale FC first ever international and in what year, who was his first test against and what was the score
A: Pat (Harry) Davies: 1927, Ireland, 8-6
9. Who was the first ever appointed coach of England, in what year did he start and what was his overall record as coach.
A: Don White: 1969 to 1971 11 played, 3 wins 1 draw 7 losses
10. What Kelso centre did London Scottish sign for the new season 1992/93
A: Steve Wichary