Code of Conduct - Player & Parents
Selby RUFC Youth Section
Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
- Play for enjoyment, not just to please your parents or coach.
- Play by the laws of the game of Rugby.
- Never argue with the referees decisions, let your captain or coach ask any necessary questions.
- Control your temper no foul language.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team your teams performance will benefit and so will your own.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play, whether by your own team or by your opponent.
- Treat all players as you yourself would like to be treated.
- Dont interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of any player.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good.
- At the end of the game, applaud and thank your opponents and the referee for the game.
- Do not force an unwilling youngster to participate in Rugby.
- Remember, young people are involved in Rugby for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage your child always to play by the laws.
- Teach young people that honest effort is as important as victory so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Turn defeat into victory by helping young people to work towards skill improvement and good sportsmanship. Never ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- Remember that young people learn best by example.
- Do not publicly question the referees judgement and never their honesty.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from all levels of young rugby.
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches and referees. They give of their time and resources to provide recreational activities for young people.