The History of SILSDEN AFC
The first ever Silsden AFC was formed at a meeting at Silsden Liberal Club in September 1904. They adopted the Blue and White playing kit that had been used by the recently defunct village Rugby Club and a field adjacent to the original rugby field on Keighley Road was hired.
It is amazing that the same field is used to this day with our brilliant new facilities and football ground.
One of the prime movers behind the formation of the original Silsden club was Irish GP Dr John Purcell. In their first season they won the prestigious Keighley Charity Cup at their first attempt and then went on to play in the Keighley & District League which they won in 1909, before joining the Bradford and District League for a short while. In the 1913-1914 season they won the Charity Cup for the second time with a 3-2 victory success over Cullingworth. War was to disrupt the 1914-15 season but Silsden, undeterred, went on to win the Keighley League title for a second time.
The 1921-22 season was to prove highly successful for Silsden sides.
The club was formed in 1904. In 2004–05, they reached the second round of the FA Vase. They are currently members of the North West Counties League Premier Division.
We are one of only two teams ever to win the West Riding County FA Cup three years on the trot - 2001, 2002 and 2003 before joining the NWCFL the season after and gaining promotion to the Premier Division (along with Cammell Laird) at their first attempt.
For the 2014-2015 season; Silsden AFC will field a Development Squad to compete in the Lancashire Galaxy League under manager Paul Evans