Club Committee Meeting Minutes 07/11/11
SRFC Committee Meeting Minutes
Venue: Swindon Rugby Club
Present: Stuart Cock (SC), Steve Carr (Dooley), Lisa Cock (LC), Glyn Barrett (GB), Richard Sorr (RS).
Apologies: Neil Loader.
Guest: David Bell. Swindon Hockey Club. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pre- Meeting discussion ensued with welcome to DB and points raised regarding joint approaches for available sports facility grant funds, (“Protected Playing Fields” “Inspired Facilities”) by Hockey Club, Rugby League, American Footballers, and SRFC, all users of the Greenbridge current facilities.
SC referenced the SRFC Development committee aims and outlined current situation regarding land available on the old Oakfield site and overall on the Greenbridge facility.
SC issued invitation to David Bell to next development sub -committee meeting to discuss proposals further.
1. Acceptance of previous minutes (All)
Accepted by all.
2. Matters arising (Secretary)
i). Action Points from last meeting (individual)
Tidiness of storage containers still a problem and a source of friction between coaches/ground staff.
The requested/ required actions by Coaches to ensure tidy storage of equipment are still not taking place and counter complaints about this from those involved are not acceptable.
Fault is apparent all round and committee concluded only way to address this is for SC to personally and directly approach all sections. SC to action.
Gaming machines removal decision still pending. Supplier had offered to change machines at more frequent regular intervals to maintain interest. Work in progress.
Committee awaits report from Club Captain on player suggestions for club events/nights.
3. Finance committee update / decisions for approval (Treasurer)
Dooley advised on club still on tight finances last month but got through month reasonably well notwithstanding pitch repair costs and payment. However financial constraints will need to continue.
£1k received from Stratton Parish Council for pitch repairs.
Oktoberfest night had been a success financially and socially. More of the same is required. The committee welcomes any input from members.
Financial outlook was optimistic providing the bar takings can be maintained and inclement weather does not hit club winter fixtures.
4. Coaching committee update / decisions for approval (Head Coach)
NL (head Coach) not available. Item deferred to next meeting.
5. Junior Coaching committee update / decisions for approval (Junior Chair)
Meeting held on 6/11/11.Line painting discussed with grounds man.
J.Walsh was confirmed as club coaching co-ordinator.
The Harrow Pub in Wanborough had agreed to be the new sponsor for U8’s.(£800 per year as age group move through) was in place.
Pitch/Club house advertising board was to be looked into for them by Dooley
Match food for u14’s at home had been temporarily sorted out and also another party will do the U12’s and under is also in place.
Colts food also sorted short term.
U13 and U15 do need a more permanent arrangement in place. LC requested budget. SC advised to be as cost effective as possible, bearing in mind all financial developments.
Salisbury end of season tour visit is confirmed.
Equipment requirement list formulated. SC requested funding for same was from Junior’s funds. Dooley requested funds should be considered club wide and not necessarily ring fenced. List was required and what was urgent or not for next meeting prior to purchases.
6. Development committee update/ decisions for approval (Chairman)
Development Plan in place, copies are available from SC if required.
Preliminary actions are completed and ongoing actions underway which as season progresses will continue to develop.
E.g. Actions completed include data base of coaches and qualifications. J. Walsh to maintain updates list on regular basis.
7. Progress against club development plan (Chairman)
WCSoA is completed. Official approval, paperwork and plaque is awaited from RFU.
SC would like to organise a member’s club presentation on attainment and receipt of necessary paperwork awaiting sign off.
GB advised that we should try and invite Dorset & Wilts official to club and presentation arranged. London Irish also to be approached as potential presentation partner with hopefully a Premiership player to attend.
8. A.O.B. (Chairman)
i) “Belief” Kit Contract.
RS advised that a high level of dissatisfaction had been experienced within junior section with shirts the wrong colours, sizes, incorrect logo’s, wrong badges, sponsors names wrong or missing and poor quality on all sectors of the clothing both none playing and playing, and numerous other discrepancies and inconsistencies.
SC to talk to Adam Westall and signing of the supply contract is on hold until these issues are resolved satisfactorily.
ii) Post game pitch maintenance.
Maintenance plans had been advised by RFU contractors but implementation and request for resources appears questionable. Club Grounds man to be consulted by SC& Dooley. KB suggested invitation for him to attend next committee meeting to discuss. KB advised also that spectator sidelines on top pitch were seriously potholed and potential of injury to spectators. Filling of these with sand was suggested although chances of club volunteer action pessimistic. Ground staff to be consulted.
iii) Membership fees
Payment record remains poor at senior level. Committee advised by LC that situation with senior players membership fees had not improved since last meeting.
It was now felt that those who were playing regularly and not paid should be highlighted and a direct request made for payment and threat of not playing invoked.
iv) Andy Sear had made a proposal to organise a UK based tour in 2012.
Committee input was requested and will be reviewed. Initial view was that any club organised tour should be open to all within club and not restricted to set playing levels. KB would provide RFU “Tour Guideline” doc to AS.
v) KB to draft thank you letter to Stratton Parish Council for a £1,000 contribution to pitch maintenance costs.
vi) KB advised Hamish Morton (New Dorset & Wilts RDO) had RDO requested holding a meeting for several Swindon area at Greenbridge on December 7th @ 19.00hrs. SC Diary checked and meeting approved. KB to notify Hamish accordingly.
vii) KB requested to issue invitation to Marlow RFC Chairman and 3 colleagues to pre-match dinner on November 19th when Marlow play SRFC in league game.