MID SUMMER NEWS UPDATE
All we hope you are enjoying your summer holidays and those who are doing preseason getting the fitness benefit of those “HARD YARDS” it will pay off in the end we are sure.
This note is just to keep you a breast of the hard work your Committee Members and Club Captain (Bear) have been putting in during the off season to keep the club on an even keel and moving forward for hopefully a great season.
Special thanks must go out to your Club President, Dennis Tucker, who instigated the majority of these works and spends most of his spare time behind the bar. So far this off season we have moved forward with
1. A working party to undertake a general clean up the next one being late August REMEMBER GUYS ITS YOUR CLUB TO, hands make light work we would like to see as many down as possible both Seniors and Juniors for this last big one before the season starts;
2. New tills and server have been installed behind the bar;
3. A new Alarm system has been installed;
4. A new CCTV system has been installed;
5. Security fencing will soon be erected by Bear and his team;
6. Additional Flood Lighting will be installed in September to enable evening training on both top pitches giving needed much relief to the third pitch and space for training;
7. A new multimedia system has been installed in the club house for big screen viewing, use by the coaches for videos game plans etc and much needed revenue from company conference and meetings so please spread the word;
8. A new floor has been laid to replace the worn out black flooring, which in our opinion looks much better!
9. Preseason training for the Adults and Colts has commenced with a cracking turn out to date any senior new commers contact Craig Raymond on 07711910264, Colts Mark Tucker 07818415831;
10 Safe Guarding and Rugby Ready courses will be held at the Club for all volunteers in early September for the first time. We need ALL those who coach, manage or provide first aid to attend if you have not already done the courses. Please keep an eye out on pitcher and the facebook page for details;
11 Remember Junior sign on day is the 2nd of September Any queries contact our Junior Chairmen Simon Lapham 07753692665 and Jon Hunt 07768131001
That’s about it for now looking forward to seeing you all back fighting fit at the start of the season if not before
Updated 13:34 - 31 Jul 2018 by glenn charles