At Phoenix Leisure Centre, (Telford Langley School), Duce Drive, Dawley, Telford, TF4 2EX - floodlit 3G pitch
Monday nights, 7-8:30pm, from Feb 6th to September 25th (excluding Bank Holidays)
£3 per person. Open to male and females aged 14 plus.
Fast, skilful and action packed team sport...
Touch Rugby League is a fast, skilful and action packed team sport, played in a fun and social atmosphere, without any of the tackling you see in a traditional game of Rugby League.
Play it our way
At Shropshire PTRL we play outdoors, under floodlights, on a 3G artificial pitch. We mix up the teams with boys and girls, and play just for fun. What are you waiting for?
Come along as an individual or bring a group of your friends or work mate and join in the fun!
What are the rules?
The rules of Touch Rugby League are very simple so it makes it as straight forward as possible for you to join in and play. If you're new to the game you will be amazed at how easy it is to pick up.
Quick Guide to Touch Rugby League:
• The simple aim of Touch Rugby League is to score a try by grounding the ball over the opposition's try line.
• The basics of the sport are similar to the traditional game in that you pass the ball backwards and have six opportunities to score.
• To stop the other team from scoring you must touch the player with the ball. A legal touch is on any part of the body, clothing or ball and constitutes a tackle.
• After six touches the ball is handed over from the attacking team to the defending team.
• The game consists of two 20 minute halves.
• 5/6 players per team are allowed on the field at any one time and there are unlimited numbers of substitutions.
What do I need to Play Touch Rugby League?
We have picked out our top 3 items we think you will need to take part in your first session:
Water bottle – It is always recommended to keep yourself hydrated, why not bring a bottle before you take to the pitch.
Appropriate Clothing – This could include shorts and a t shirt if it’s good weather or tracksuit pants and jacket if you want to wrap up warm.
Footwear –on our 3G outdoor pitch, football boots with moulded studs or trainers will be fine.
It really is that simple! The next step is coming along to your first session. We'll be ready to meet and greet you in reception!!