Training takes place at Thame Leisure Centre on Saturday mornings, 8.30 to 10am.
Welcome to the U10s section. We're really proud of our fast-improving gang of boys and girls, who are now a force to be reckoned with in the various tournaments and leagues we play in through the season. But it's not just about the competitive sides...so come along and join in the fun...!
The dedicated coaching team for the U10s have 4 key principles, we call them the 4F's. We apply the 4F’s to every interaction with the kids, working with all the parents too to ensure that all the training, the tournaments and any other hockey-related activity we do together covers all 4 effectively:
- Fun – it should be fun, for the kids, for the coaches, for the parents
- For All – we will always be inclusive, its for kids who want to compete, and those who want to just train and play for fun.
- Fitness – it should help the kids to become fitter, and in doing so will help them be better players and ‘fit for life’
- Future – building a team for the future of the kids and for Thame Hockey Club
All new players welcome - please get in contact - we are currently operating a waiting list, so get on it ASAP!
Essential Kit to bring to training:
- Appropriate sports kit (warm/waterproof layers, hat and gloves in cold weather)
- Trainers or astro boots with good support and appropriate grip
- Gum guard and shin pads
- Stick (available on loan if needed)
For further details, contact one of the coaches or the team manager.