PLAYER & PARENT AGREEMENT - Issue 1
Parents, before players apply for membership please read the following Club values, principles, and rules and the Club & FA Respect Codes of Conduct.
- Please remember that membership ensures only training. No player is guaranteed to be selected for a match, while on other occasions a player may travel to a match, but for whatever reason, may not actually get a game.
- Kit bearing the Club colours and logo will be issued to players for matches. Club kit should only be worn for training and matches and is not for use at other times. If Club membership ceases for any reason it will be your responsibility to ensure that all items of kit, which have been provided and bear the Club logo are returned to the Club otherwise you will be expected to reimburse the Club for the cost of replacement.
- Club Officials are not responsible for players once they leave the training/playing area.
ON TRAINING AND MATCH DAYS
- Remember the players; parents and managers are there to have fun.
- Encourage the players; feel free to appreciate an accurate pass, a well-timed tackle, a breathtaking save or a good goal.
- Set an example - applaud good play by both teams.
- Encourage fair play and for players to play to the rules.
- Respect your Manager/Coach at all times.
- Offer your assistance with putting up and taking down of goals, nets, running the line or returning equipment tidily to the storage area after use.
- Inform your Manager/Coach if a player is allowed to travel home alone from the training/match venue.
- Pick up a player promptly from the training/match venue if left alone.
- Take your litter home with you.
- Help to remove all verbal, racial and physical abuse in Football.
Please DO NOT:
- Be abusive to anybody.
- Criticise another player in public. This applies to both the opposition and your own side. Praise them or keep quiet.
- Criticise a match official, they are only human and as such are prone to making mistakes.
- Get into any arguments or confrontations with opposition supporters.
- Drop a player off at the training/playing area if a club official is not present.
- Bring animals near to the playing area.
- Make contact with anyone regarding an incident at a match, without first seeking the approval of the Club Committee.
ONLY IF BOTH PLAYER AND PARENTS ACCEPT THE PLAYER & PARENT AGREEMENT AND THE CLUB & FA RESPECT CODES OF CONDUCT SHOULD THE PLAYER APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP OF THATCHAM TORNADOES FOOTBALL CLUB.
Thank you in anticipation of your support.
Thatcham Tornadoes FC Committee