The year is 1940 and World War 2 has broken out.
We can’t name all girls and boys on the photograph but it is believed that several on the front row and those seated were evacuees from big cities like Coventry during the blitz.
The back row sees 5 ex players from the team, some who have spent years dedicating their lives to make the club what it is today.
Names we do have are on the back row:
- Ron Priestley (Chairman and part responsible for the building of the pavilion)
- Barbara Pepper (now Butler) Walter Peppers younger sister
- Walter Pepper (ex Treasurer and wicketkeeper)
- Derek Chettle (ex player)
- Ed Stone (ex player)
- Geof Shaw (ex captain and responsible for the formation of the KWIKs of which many a player of today has come from)
We do not have the names of those seated or kneeling but any help is welcome
Updated 13:50 - 23 Jan 2018 by Mark Sampson