Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Tytherington Rocks FC app


New Swindon College vs Tytherington Rocks FC 1st Team

4 years ago By Graham Witchard

New era continues with a draw......

Rocks travelled to Swindon hoping to complete a double over the college side, and almost did so, conceding a penalty with two minutes of time remaining which allowed the home side to equalize.

With Billy Bond and Ian (George) Williams making their debut for The Rocks and Arron Clark coming in at centre back the team were caught cold in the first minute when from a corner on the right the ball was headed powerfully past keeper Tom Sheppard by Josh Croucher to give College the lead.

It took Rocks a little while to settle in, and they were for a time being outplayed by the home side, however with the new players settling in Rocks started to create chances and a Joe Walters free kick created a goal opportunity, when going forward strong running by Tom Brennan and Jim Brock put the home side under pressure, sadly the final ball was not good enough.

With Rocks stepping up the pressure , Brock`s speculative shot went just wide and the home keeper was more in action than Rocks keeper, in the 44th minute Joe Walters finished off a cross by Dan Marshall from the right to hit a fine goal inside the six yard box to put the score at 1 - 1.

On 47 minutes Rocks had a fine shot saved by the home keeper and continued to do most of the attacking, with good movement and understanding now showing from the new players.

An accidental clash in the middle of the field in the 59th minute left a college player on the ground in serious pain, after attention from both physiotherapists the ambulance was called and after a paramedic arrived and confirmed a broken ankle he was taken to hospital, this stoppage lasted 33 minutes and when play resumed it took a while for the players to warm up.

Dan Marshall was causing problems on the right with some powerful runs and crosses, in the 70th minute Rocks took the lead when Jim Brock received the ball just outside the penalty box on the left and moving in to drill the ball hard and wide into the top left hand side of the net giving the home keeper no chance to make the score 2 - 1.

With an injury to Clark in the 74th minute John Timlin came off the bench to cover and Tom Brock came on three minutes later to replace Dan Marshall.

In the last five minutes of normal time Shomari Sengor covered ground to bring off a stunning tackle on the home sides no 11 and saved what looked like a great goal scoring chance.

At the other end a great move by Tom Bock to George Williams whose shot was well saved the home keeper.

Well into added time Swindon College were awarded a penalty when Jerome Ingram was adjudged to have brought down a college player and this was duly converted by Christie Miller to put the score level at 2 - 2.

There was still time for more drama when the home No 9 was sent off after a scything tackle on Tom Brennan in the last minute of the game, who had to be carried off after treatment.

Rocks are at home on Saturday 29th November to Purton FC KO 3.00pm.

Where next?

1st team and Reserve News Reserves to play at home 6th December
Little Stoke 1 - 0 TRFC Res "Spirited display not quite enough as Rocks Res lose out to a late winner at Little Stoke"

Video Advertising


Loading comments

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Tue 14 Apr
1st Team Wantage Town
League 1 – 0
Sat 11 Apr
1st Team Hook Norton
League 5 – 1
Mon 6 Apr
1st Team Lydney Town
League 1 – 5

News sponsors


Club sponsors