The University of Denver Rugby program has a close relationship with the DU Admissions department and works with interested students on their application and acceptance to the University of Denver.
DU Rugby does not have rugby specific scholarships, but works with interested student-athletes for academic, merit, and other financial aid opportunities.
The rugby environment at the University of Denver is excellent for players who make DU their choice. Below are a list of key program components that elevate the student-athlete experience.
- Great coaching staff focused on team success.
- Strength and Conditioning Coaching
- Athletic Training and Medical Support
- First Class facilites for rugby including a on-campus rugby field and access to strength and conditioning facilities including the Coors Fitness Center and the Pat Bowlen Training Network.
- Great Alumni network and association to assist with internship placement and career opportunities.
- Great teammates striving to win a national championship
- Great connections with local clubs including Glendale Rugby, Denver Barbarians Rugby, Denver Highlanders, Division I, USA Rugby and more.
If you are interested or considering the DU Rugby program then please contact head coach Stuart Halsall at email@example.com
When reviewing an application, our Admission Committee considers:
• Academic achievement
• Grade point average
• Standardized test scores
• Whole-person assessment
DU looks for students who have challenged themselves academically and who have demonstrated success in English, math, social studies, science and foreign language. Our minimum academic requirements are the same as what is required at the applicant's high school for graduation, but we encourage students to set their goals higher than the minimum. The curriculum and the grades earned in classes at the secondary level are regarded as the most significant criteria in a student's application because it has proven to be the soundest indicator of academic ability, potential and motivation.
To receive support from the University of Denver, the ACT score should be 26 or higher and the GPA 3.2 or higher.
• SAT combined: 1130-1300, Average is 1219
• ACT: 25-30, Average is 27
For more information visit http://www.du.edu/admissions
DU has been encouraging applications from international students who have a strong academic background and also students who are first generation or meet diversity and inclusion opportunities.
We encourage interested students to contact the coaching staff to begin the process.