Raising £15,000 towards a new kitchen, toilets and gym extension
Walcot has fantastic facilities, having recently built new changing rooms, refurbished the clubhouse and installed state-of-the-art floodlights.
But we're not happy with the size and condition of our kitchen and toilets facility. And we would like a better and bigger gym for club members and other users.
The Committee has therefore applied for and gained planning permission for two extensions - one for a new toilet block into the car park, and another for an extended gym over the existing hard-standing. Click through on the items below to see the specific plans:
- Kitchen plan
- Toilet plan
- Gym plan
We have now launched an appeal to all club members and the local community to help Walcot raise £15,000 towards the extended kitchen and toilets project. The new gym facility should be self-funding by users of the gym.
We see six key benefits for all the club for the kitchen/toilet project:
- Better member experience - less queuing for food and at the bar; modern, spacious and cleaner toilets
- Increased hiring of the facilities - for large personal and corporate functions, giving the club more opportunities to generate much needed revenue
- Disabled and baby-changing facilities - opening the club up to more visitors
- Outside catering - through a hatch, allowing better access to hot drinks and food during games
- High-standard toilets, opening the clubhouse up for more visitors
- More efficient and pleasant kitchen operation, improving the environment for staff, and ability to serve more food and drinks, therefore more opportunities for additional revenue generation
This initiative is about investing in the club for now and the future, benefiting youth players and their parents, senior club members and their families, old players and the local community, providing a great venue for whatever the occasion.
Raising £15,000 in 6 months
The costs of the kitchen/toilet/gym project is significant for a community club like Walcot. We are looking at self-funding options for the gym, and various other grants and donations for the clubhouse improvements.
However, we need to raise £15,000 from our membership and wider community for it to go ahead. This seems like a lot of money, but we do have a lot of members, and, over the course of the 6 month fund-raising period, it amounts to a relatively small amount per member. And, of course, we can have a lot of fun along the way. Here's a little advanced warning of some of the activities we have planned:
- ==> May Ball 2017 - please come to the [http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/walcotrugby/calendar/event/walcot-spring-ball-2017-323747]May Ball[/url], and book a table for your friends. Surplus money and bar profits will go to the extension fund. Click here for more detail on Facebook
- ==> British Lions breakfasts - watch the 3 test games with a big breakfast (on 24 June and 1 and 8 of July). Again, surplus money raised and bar profits will go to the floodlight fund
- ==> Quiz nights - several quiz nights throughout the year, with food and raffles
- ==> Team fundraising - with all senior teams and youth age groups undertaking activities to make a contribution to the extension fund
- ==> Business sponsors and personal donations - we know times are tough, but we will be going around with cap in hand
There are also likely to be a number of other activities, perhaps some undertaken by individuals. These may include: sponsored events, raffles, bag packing, auctions, golf day, and more.
So, please start supporting these activities, and immediately book your May Ball tickets and put a note in your diaries about the British Lions breakfasts.
If you have any ideas, or would like to start working with us on any of the activities, please speak to anyone from the Extension Fundraising team:
Or any other member of the Committee for any other details about the extension project.
You can also donate direct through Just Giving.
***** Click here to contribute through JustGiving *****
- and Walcot will benefit from gift aid - an extra £2.50 for every £10 donated