As you may have heard, our Portugese club hero, Costa is moving out of the area, and as such we are looking for a new full time member of staff. If you'd like to be considered, or if you know anyone who would be interested please share as far and wide as possible - we look forward to hearing from you!
Assistant Groundsman and Events Crew member
Wasps FC, a rugby club that owns and manages its sports ground and facilities in Acton, West London is looking for a personable and hard-working team-player to join the facilities staff at this well-known sports club.
• Assist the Grounds Manager in the preparation, presentation and maintenance of all playing surfaces and outdoor spaces throughout the year.
• Ensure all internal and external areas are maintained and kept to the highest professional standard
• Ensure opening and closing procedures are followed throughout the club facility
• Undertake all grounds management duties including but not limited to cutting, mowing, line marking, strimming and other maintenance activities.
• Drive ride-on mowers, tractors and using all associated attachments and implements responsibly
• Help prepare the facility for events, which will include weekend work
• Keep surrounding areas and ground storage areas, etc tidy
• Be wiling to undertake training as seen fit for PDP and the clubs needs
• To report any issues noted directly to management in a timely manner
• Wear any personal protective equipment provided, and comply with all Health and Safety guidelines, working in a manner not to cause injury or harm to yourself or anyone else, or the property of the Club.
You will have:
• Demonstrable relavent experience preferably within a sporting institution
• Experience of driving relevant vehicles such as tractors and ride-on mowers. (Training provided in the case of a strong candidate who does not have the appropriate direct experience)
• Excellent timekeeping, attendance and you will be reliable
• Dedication to working to the highest standard at all times, display a positive attitude, and be discrete and trustworthy
• Understand the needs of the club members and event holders within the club, and be able to respond appropriately
• Excellent physical fitness, resilience and be comfortable working outdoors
• A flexible approach to work times, and no reasons to prevent you from working at the weekends, the evenings or occasional bank holidays
Dependant on experience. Overtime available. Start July/August 2018.
Send you CV to:
Updated 13:31 - 2 Jul 2018 by Amy Wigley