Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Waverley Cricket Club app



Formed in 1949, Farnham NALGO Cricket Club was a team primarily consisting of members of the National Association of Local Government Officers. However, by 1951 only a handful of the club's players were still drawn from members of the Farnham NALGO. It was agreed at a meeting of the players that the club should be renamed and on 19 April 1951 The Surrey & Hants News reported that the chosen name was "The Waverley Cricket Club", named after the players' preferred watering hole in Farnham and according to the news article "the name of the club suggests where [the players] are more likely to be found if the weather is unkind."

The first club officers were N Wooderson (club secretary), T R Harrington (club captain) and E J Tilson (vice-captain).

The rest, as they say, is history.

More coming soon...

Where next?

Historical Match Reports (1974) Suzie Brewer has kindly scanned her copies of the 1974 Farnham Herald match reports.
Club Crest The Waverley Cricket Club crest was designed by Ned Lack in 2010 and is the first official crest in

Video Advertising

Club sponsors