Please note that the Laws changed as of 1st October. Please read the summary below and review MCC's laws section to gain a good understanding. Please note there is still no provision for giving Mog out LBW where he has hit the ball prior to the ball hitting the pads. Thanks to Peter for providing the summary.
The first new Code of the Laws of Cricket since 2000 will take effect around the world from 1 October 2017.
Updated 13:34 - 19 Dec 2017 by Adrian Day
The significant changes to the 42 Laws are as follows:
• Now written in language applying to all persons, regardless of gender.
• The Handled the ball Law has been deleted, with its contents merged into Obstructing the field.
• The Lost ball Law has been deleted and is now covered under Dead ball.
• Limits placed on the thickness of the edges and the overall depth of the bat.
• Injuries hoped to be prevented in a new Law which allow mechanisms tethering the bails to the stumps.
• Bowling of deliberate front foot No balls to be treated in same way as deliberate full-tosses.
• A new Law of the game, Players’ conduct, is introduced, giving an in-match consequence for poor on-field behaviour.
• The Law regarding running out the non-striker has been altered.
• 'Bouncing bat’ Law changed, substitutes now allowed to keep wicket and concept of penalty time amended.